Thread: Wireless Card

Just burned his ISO

Question Wireless Card

Hi,

I have been banging my head against a brick wall over the last few days trying to get my SR71-USB working properly.

So for the time being i am looking to purchase another wireless USB device that supports:-

Monitor
    Injection

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good card that will support this, as i have some work to do with the hardware and it is proving to take too much time to work out why the SR71 is not working as i expect.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Thanks

Simon

Default Re: Wireless Card

I recommend the Alfa AWUS036H. However there is a new more powerfull version out. Generally its a well loved card around these forums.
    Mathematical reasoning may be regarded rather schematically as the exercise of a combination of two facilities, which we may call intuition and ingenuity.

Just burned his ISO

I personally prefer PCMCIA wireless cards over USB, but there are various USB adapters that support injection + monitor. Fastest way to find them is the supported hardware section on the old Backtrack site:
    HTML Code:
    http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless
    , also try the aircrack website
    HTML Code:
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers&DokuWiki=f61893557bfe412fa5bda9352ab1d24d
    and they have USB near the bottom.

Just burned his ISO

Ive been looking for a new card or usb wifi,
    and been hearing a lot of good review from people about this one
    Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7318USG IEEE 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Wireless LAN Hi-Gain Adapter Up to 54Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128/256-bit WEP Encryption, WPA ( TKIP, IEEE 802.1x) and AES - Wireless Adapters

good on packet injection and monitoring, kismet, and aircrack-ng, and a nice little antenna for some range
    fyi there are no "N" capability on this
    also works in other o.s's if you got a dual boot

Just burned his ISO

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I will have a look at the different options and buy a different card. Until i can get the SR71 up and running without causing backtrack to error.

Thanks again.

Si