Thread: Help with wireless card

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with wireless card

The card i am using is a buffalo WLI-CB-G54HP. When i boot up BT2 the power light comes on when it starts the services an reads out the mac addresses, but it goes off and isnt reconized thereafter. I got it working in Ubuntu by installing bcm43xx-fwcutter. It came right on with it installed. I tried installing it but am unable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Thats odd. the backtrack 2 HCL says its supported and found at boot up and ready to go. no interface listed under iwconfig?
    “Remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Choose Signatures.”

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dethmetalkid View Post
    Thats odd. the backtrack 2 HCL says its supported and found at boot up and ready to go. no interface listed under iwconfig?
    yea when i use iwconfig it shows up as eth1 and is nicknamed broadcom4318 but there is still no lights coming on the card and when i try "iwlist eth1 scan" its says it doenst support scanning.

What are you trying to do? Connect to YOUR access point for internet access or enable monitor mode?

Try ifconfig eth1 up then iwlist eth1 scan.
    “Remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Choose Signatures.”

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dethmetalkid View Post
    What are you trying to do? Connect to YOUR access point for internet access or enable monitor mode?

Try ifconfig eth1 up then iwlist eth1 scan.
    Awesome thanks is there anyway to make this work when i boot up or am i gonna have to do this everytime?