Thread: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG IPRAW IPW3945 Aireplay-ng attacks cause crash. help appreciated.

Question PRO/Wireless 3945ABG IPRAW IPW3945 Aireplay-ng problem. help appreciated.

Firstly i'd like to thank Genius for making the ipraw module being a newbie to backtrack and never having used linux before. i would of had problems installing the IPW3945 raw drivers . it has made it possible for me to get quite far on my mission to crack my wep box i seem to be on the the right track (excuse the pun) however i am stuck with aireplay-ng attack commands. Firstly let me explain how im set up:

Backtrack 2 Final Installed on bootable USB drive
    Dell D620 Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
    IPRAW Module for Injection with IPW3945 installed in modules folder of drive
    Kismet.conf edited to
    userid root
    source=ipw3945,wifi0,Intel

Ok now to my problem.

this is how im using it please feel free to let me know if im doing anything wrong or point me in the right direction.

1. Im loading kismet

then running this command

2. airodump-ng --ivs --write file_name --channel 11 wifi0 (to check on channel 11 everything shows up fine i see all the networks bssid's etc)

then this command

3.aireplay-ng -3 -b <mac address of ap> -h <mac of my interface> wifi0

(all appears to be going well apart from i dont get any arp replys just packets quite slowly and 0 packets sent so run these commands in a hope to get some arp replys and packets. but then i have a problem. when i run any of these aireplay commands below (my comp either crashes or wifi disconnects.)

4. aireplay-ng -0 1 wifi0 -a <mac address of ap> wifi0

or

5. aireplay-ng -e <name of network> -a <mac address of ap> -c <station id> --deauth 10 wifi0

or

6. aireplay-ng --arpreplay -b <mac address of ap> -h <mac address of my interface> wifi0

Whenever i run any of these aireplay commands even separately i my comp either freezes up and requires a reboot or the wifi card dissconnects (light goes off) apps stop working.

Do you guys have any idea what im doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. i got this far i really want to succeed in my quest

First off stop double posting the same information in two threads.
    Second, update aircrack-ng suite to 9.1+ and either compile/install or module.

Instead of using a module try this.

General usage that works for my two notebooks
    Code:
    airodump-ng rtap0
    # For Aireplay 
    ifconfig wifi0 up
    #set the bssid of the AP you're targeting:
    /sys/class/net/wifi0/device/bssid
    #Change to your AP bssid, save.
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e ESSID -a BSSID -h STATION wifi0
    aireplay-ng -3 -b BSSID -h STATION wifi0
    IPWRAW is very buggy so do not expect to work miracles.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Thumbs up PrairieFire!

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
    Update aircrack-ng suite to 9.1+ and either compile/install
    Install ipraw driver without using the module.

Hey PrairieFire Thanks for the swift reply. sorry about the double posting im new here. Thanks for the pointers i am going to boot into backtrack now and see if i can update aircrack-ng via the script on the link. do i just type these scripts into the command box's on backtrack? i also will try and install the ipraw manually. im a bit confused as to how to do this but im thinking that i type these commands in the shell command box on backtrack?.

one other problem im getting is that whenever i save a file for example kismet.conf when i reboot the info i have saved neeeds to be re-entered? whats up with that? how come it doesnt save my settings its on a usb drive. its confusing. again any advice would be appreciated.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

bt is a live cd that means changes you made are non persistent,

there's a trick for saves changes on usb, have a look in my signature or search for Balding_Parrot tutorial.....

the commands needs to be adapted, you need to change the name of the wifi card for your wifi card....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Thumbs up shamanvirtuel!

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    there's a trick for saves changes on usb, have a look in my signature or search for Balding_Parrot tutorial.....
    the commands needs to be adapted, you need to change the name of the wifi card for your wifi card....

Dude you rock this will save me from losing my mind entering the .conf info everytime i reboot haha! im gonna be installing this trick right away! also thanks for the pointer my card shows up as wifi0 so im guessing i just need to use that in the commands.

Thanks for the help

Another approach is make a script that will copy a preconfigured version of kismet.conf from your /mnt/sdb*/kismet.conf to /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf

The link I gave you for aircrack-ng update can be ran as a script or manually.
    If you type every portion out minus the "echo" parts it will place aircrack-ng-0.9.1.lzm into the correct location for you.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.