Thread: screen saver issues

Just burned his ISO

Default screen saver issues

ok i donno if this is extemly easy to fix but my screensaver isnt coming on and when i go into the screensaver properties and click test for the blank screen saver nothing happens. i would like for my screen saver to work so i can download stuff on here and walk away i got this decent matrix screen saver but i have no clue where to put it a little help would be cool

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

it's because there's nothing to show, it's only a black screen that's all....

that's the best one of the day, you need to install some screensavers if you want something more sophisticated than a black screen.............
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

ugh i think i have my retard hat on today. no that is what i want i want the blank screen saver when i hit test NOTHING happens no blank screen just a push of a button then akward silence. when i mean it doesnt work doesnt mean i think that the blank screen saver should play a movie i mean it doesnt perform its job. is there anyway to fix this because i would like to use the blank one but i cant find anywhere to download it (and where to put it for that matter) could i strip one from the bt live cd or anywhere for that matter?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by DecoY View Post
    ugh i think i have my retard hat on today. no that is what i want i want the blank screen saver when i hit test NOTHING happens no blank screen just a push of a button then akward silence. when i mean it doesnt work doesnt mean i think that the blank screen saver should play a movie i mean it doesnt perform its job. is there anyway to fix this because i would like to use the blank one but i cant find anywhere to download it (and where to put it for that matter) could i strip one from the bt live cd or anywhere for that matter?
    You do realize that screensavers are 100% useless on an LCD display as it's impossible for an LCD panel to burn in?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

first streaker is right and it doesn't show anything in test but it works.........................................
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    first streaker is right and it doesn't show anything in test but it works.........................................
    Personally, I think screen savers are silly to begin with, even on CRT's, why put your equipment through extra stress of displaying cutsie pictures? CRT's generally have a lifespan of 3 years before they burn out. Way to increase that, have it power down when it's not in use. Same goes for LCD's, the most common burned out part in a laptop display panel is the High Voltage board which supplies the LCD backlight. If you want that to last long time, have it turn your display off.

But hey, maybe somepeople like paying $55.00 plus S&H for a tiny little board that in many cases difficult to replace.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.