Well the expected happened, it didn't work after install. However the problem was fixed by:
Following Pros599's actual instructions.
1. Boot in to backtrack terminal (Just turn on the computer).
2. Log in to root.
3. type in "vim /etc/default/grub" (no quotes)
4. find a line that looks similar to this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="text splash vga=791"
5. Move your cursor on top of the last quote on that line and press the letter 'i' on your keyboard (this turns vim in to inserting mode)
6. Add a space between vga=791 and the quote then type in i915.modeset=1 (The new line should look like this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="text splash vga=791 i915.modeset=1")
7. Hit escape on your keyboard and type in ':x' (with out the quotes.. Just hit the keys) and press enter. This will close the editor.
8. In your console type in 'update-grub' (no quotes)
12. Log in to root, and type in startx... Profit.
I hope this helps everybody out.