Thread: If your folders are NOT shared, can you access them over a wireless network

Just burned his ISO

Default If your folders are NOT shared, can you access them over a wireless network

I have used Backtrack 2 on windows (using VMPlayer) to find the Key to my encrpted wireless router. I can access my internet connection.

My question is this:

if the folders on my PC are not shared can I or someone be able to access them once they have gain access to my wireless network.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrigg View Post
    I have used Backtrack 2 on windows (using VMPlayer) to find the Key to my encrpted wireless router. I can access my internet connection.

My question is this:

if the folders on my PC are not shared can I or someone be able to access them once they have gain access to my wireless network.
    that is a extremely complex and broad question.The answer is YES but it takes more than your average sqript kiddie know how. A fully patched and firewalled xp box that is not a server and is not running any "listning" services is pretty hard to crack but It can be done.If a attacker can get you to visit a malicious link or open a email its GAME OVER. So the answer is no one is ever really secure but if you stay on top of the game you will be fairely safe.I visit bug traq and security focus every day and check my services fo new vunerabilitys

By default, no. However, with a little bit of work, they can.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    By default, no. However, with a little bit of work, they can.
    Could you suggest some areas I could read up on and any tools which would be needed - to start me off.

thanks

Could you suggest some areas I could read up on and any tools which would be needed - to start me off.

thanks
    Even given the situation you have mentioned, that is a very broad question. It depends on many different factors.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";