Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Script: thad0ctor's word list toolkit v0.5 ( RELEASED!)

Default Re: Script: thad0ctor's word list toolkit v0.5 ( RELEASED!)

Quote Originally Posted by fnord0 View Post
    @thad0ctor this is a great script, I always liked pure_hate's wordlist script, but yours now has soo much more to it. keep up the good work.
    one thing I figure I should ask, is looking on the sourceforge page, there is a "code" section which allows one to pull from git, but it doesn't look like you've set that up. it'd be really cool if you setup git/svn, or something like it.

/fnord0
    thanks for the praise, I defiantely appreciate the support! I definately am looking forward to adding more features as I learn more and come up with additional ideas.

I've been meaning to work out the svn / git aspect of the script and working that in conjunction with the upcoming auto-update feature but since I'm currently deployed I'm dealing with some limitations in terms of network capabilities. In order for me to post updates here and to SF I have to juggle burning CDs and all types of fun stuff. Luckily I have a VPS with and online ajax console so I can atleast debug the SVN and autoupdate features of the script although I would much prefer to work with a GUI.

I'll make sure I get a working svn / git as one of my top priorities for the script, and hopefully get it done by today. The auto-update feature will be soon to follow once I get a good grasp on the best way to work it out. I'll certainly be posting here with updates and hopefully 0.9 (with a working auto-update) will be soon to come

I just added a git repository to the source for so you can now update the script from the command line with:

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/thad0ctorstools/code thad0ctorstools-code

I also update the script to v0.85 which simply adds an update / auto-update feature which will be better utilized once I release 0.9 in the new few days. 0.9 should have some additional manipulation features. Also I'm working on a feature that will collect many word lists that are freely avaiable on the web into a folder and then combine, sort and do all that fun stuff, hopefully it will create around a 2gb word list, maybe more.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Hey thad0ctor,

Nice to see some use of my code ramblings put to good use
    You mention some functions in Wordlist Manipulator not working, could you please
    specify which ones not working for you ?
    Would hate to think I released some non-working bitocrap

Quote Originally Posted by TAPE View Post
    Hey thad0ctor,

Nice to see some use of my code ramblings put to good use
    You mention some functions in Wordlist Manipulator not working, could you please
    specify which ones not working for you ?
    Would hate to think I released some non-working bitocrap
    Sorry to spread some misinformation. I went through your functions again with a file that didn't have any spaces or any of that like in in its path or name and everything worked just as described. The only thing I noticed was a little off was the append one word list to another function. I'm not sure if this was meant to merge the two word lists for example:

a
    b
    c

merged with

d
    e
    f

becomes:

ad
    be
    cf

or if it would become

a
    b
    c
    ad
    ae
    af
    bd
    be ... etc...

I'm going ahead and editing out that misguided comment of mine. I hope you don't mind that I included your scripts as supplemental tools to my script, they are too good of tools to try to replace and my goal was to create an all in one tool for word lists and your scripts are simply too important to pass by. also feel free to add my wordify code to the next version of you Datelist if you end up releasing one, it is a pretty cool idea I came up with and could certainly come into some use!

On a side note I was hopefully planning on getting v0.9 posted today to make good use of the update feature I added yesterday. I'll be posting back with the updated status (and hopefully an update) later on today.

edit: w00t! my posts now appear instantly, I'm glad i've earned some credibility around here

Hey there,

No worries at all, just want to make sure I didnt screw up anything too bad !
    So you are talking about the option 2.1; combining all words from 1 list to
    each word in another list, right ?
    (Teh C0mb1n4t0r .. haha omg, what was I thinking..)

I will check this out again and see if it is working as I intended it to and will edit this post accordingly.

Not able to fully check out your script where I am at the mo, but will definately have a look.

Sweet deal! I'd definately love to get your opinion and see if you have any suggestions/pointers. At some poinnt I hope to have a pretty cool color scheme like yours but at this point I'd have to go through over 9k lines of code to add color customizations lol. Maybe for version 2.0, right now I'm working on more substantive additions although asthetics would be nice.

I'm working on getting v0.9 pushed out today at some point. I have two new features I plan on adding as well as some other features I'd like to incorporate with 0.9.

I just released version 0.9 but don't expect the update/auto-update feature to work properly. Git still works if you want to update manaully but I'm going to have to do some tweaking to the update feature it get it to work properly. I should get it up and running tomorrow and I'll update the script to v0.95 for that fix and maybe throw in another feature or two.

Here is what I added to the script in v0.9 in addition to a few minor fixes (from the change log):

+ Added the ability to remove lines from a word list that contain a
    certain string of text (meet a pattern)
    + Added the ability to search a word list for instances of strings of text
    + Added the ability to create a word list from file names and folders
    + Added the ability to double up the lines of a word list

Half a dozen commits and too many edits alter and I finally have v0.95 running with a fully working update feature. You won't be able to fully utilize it until 1.0 comes out but its nice to know that it actually works. Its already updated on the source forge, I'll be updating the OP with the attachment right after I finish posting this. Enjoy...

I should be pushing out version 1.0 soon here, I already added one feature that pretty much adds to Tape's append / prefix number sequencing feature , now I'm working on doing the same concept but with letters and symbols instead of numbers in addition to a few other things.

Happy that my endeavours seem to be appreciated

Keep on rocking it !

We may need to have a chat about creating a more uniform tool in the future
    with an easier interface..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast