Yes folks, thatīs right...
More then offen you want to access that juicy Mikrotik-hotspot for example, you already sniffed
a valid mac-address, but there is no tool out there to change it in OSX. well, there still isnīt, but playing around with Backtrack and VMware Fusion I found a workaround.
Tested on Alfa036H
1. connect your card to Backtrack
3. Connect to your AP with wicd (maybe not necessary)
macchanger wlan0 (or whatever it is) --mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
4. Now disconnect you wificard in VMWARE
5. Start the "Realtek USB Wlan Client" (the blue crap)
6. The MAC should be the one you chose in Backtrack.
I found that I sometimes had to reboot to make that work.
OSX has to create a new interface with that MAC.
If anyone has a more elegant way of doing this, please POST !!