Thread: Madwifi update - slower injection.

Hybrid View

Question Madwifi update - slower injection.

I'm "new". I have been here for 20 days or but haven't been able to post until just now.

Anyways, after getting a lot of help for Xploitz I am now able to post. Thanks for all the help bro!

I updated my Madwifi drivers yesterday.

After installing the new Madwifi drivers I am getting really slow injection.

I lock the channel of my AP (11), and have a power of 15 when I am upstairs. I was able to inject at 250-300 but now it's at 60.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with the new Madwifi drivers?

Also, are there any plans to get Madwifi drivers to support up to channel 13? If anyone knows.

Thanks for the help :o)

Beamen

Good to hear you have got the posting problem sorted.

Welcome

The speed of the packets per second, AFAIK, will sit around 60 with injection working properly. Now if there is network traffic on the wireless network you are attacking, this goes up. Thus far (I havent experimented much) I've only been able to get up to 480 per second.

Quote Originally Posted by HTSPilot View Post
    The speed of the packets per second, AFAIK, will sit around 60 with injection working properly. Now if there is network traffic on the wireless network you are attacking, this goes up. Thus far (I havent experimented much) I've only been able to get up to 480 per second.
    Good news What kinds of speeds are other people getting here with no traffic and 15 or so in PWR?

Quote Originally Posted by beamen View Post
    Good news What kinds of speeds are other people getting here with no traffic and 15 or so in PWR?
    That is very very low power, you really should be aiming for a min of 40-50 before you are likely to be getting good results, 70+ would be better though.
    Whilst doing the initial testing you should try getting about 10-20ft from the AP with no walls etc in the way, and see what results you get then.

First off..WELCOME beamen!! Glad to see ya here in public for a change. And just for the record..for the people who don't know...beamen not a complete no0bie..Ive been working EXTENSIVELY with him because he couldn't post..so please go easy on him and don't give him a hard time ok? Thanks guys.

@ beamen..listen to b_p..about getting closer...also..you might want to go to madwifi and use a different driver besides the NEWEST one..that may be an issue..also you did delete your old drivers right?? Just asking because there may be a problem where your old driver and your new driver are in conflict and conflicting...(say that 3 times..lol) so go to madwifi and uninstall your new and old with the rm command..theres plenty of documentation there to tell you how to do this...but only do this if b_p getting closer doesn't work.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]