Thread: Startup Problems

Default Startup Problems

I have back track installed on my hd and one time I forgot to close all programs running when I shut down and now every time the same programs start on boot. I looked .kde/startup but they were not there. Firefox, a bash prompt, and leetmode are the programs that always boot on startup.

Developer

there is a line in the kde start up script that restarts impromperly shut down programs I belive. I had that issue once with leetmode but as soon as I "exit leetmode " it was fine

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    there is a line in the kde start up script that restarts impromperly shut down programs I belive. I had that issue once with leetmode but as soon as I "exit leetmode " it was fine
    So you're saying that you're no longer l33t?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

In the case of leetmode it will be on everytime you start up until you turn it off like purehate said
    As for the rest of them if you close them down and then log out before you shutdown or reboot that should clear the flag to start them when you next start up.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    Your welcome

So did it work?

Yep, I made sure firefox was closed for good using killall and then logged off and rebooted. Nothing started that was not suppose to. thanks Balding_Parrot.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    Yep, I made sure firefox was closed for good using killall and then logged off and rebooted. Nothing started that was not suppose to. thanks Balding_Parrot.
    You've just come up with a good way to prank someone. Open up a nice picture of Goatse, or Tubgirl on someone's BT box and then just turn it off. When they boot up next time, all kinds of wholesome goodness appears.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Haha, it was really annoying just have random programs pop up, it would be unbearable to have goatse popping up on every boot. ll