Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conected to the ap,how to connect to net (user and pass)

Just burned his ISO

Default conected to the ap,how to connect to net (user and pass)

Ok i am connected to my access point and now i need to enter my username and pasword somewhere,but where?

There is something like dial-up over modem setting but i could not seit it over that program.

Edit:And one more thing i have noticed,when i restart my pc and linux,everything reset,he cant detect my wireless kard (i use ndiswrapper)

Do i have to save my settings somehow (and how ) or?

Thanks in advance"

Quote Originally Posted by Cunami View Post
    Ok i am connected to my access point and now i need to enter my username and pasword somewhere,but where?

There is something like dial-up over modem setting but i could not seit it over that program.

Thanks in advance"
    Moved to the Newbie forum.

The general procedure for connecting to an encrypted access point is to signal your intention to connect, enter your username and password, and then you are connected. If you're already connected, there is no need to enter anything else.

If your problem is different than this, you need to be more specific about what you're trying to do.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

my ap doesnt have a wep,but i need to enter my username and password somehow,in windows i make: new connection....broadband....enter my username and password (its like making U/P on dial up)

my ap doesnt have a wep,but i need to enter my username and password somehow,in windows i make: new connection....broadband....enter my username and password (its like making U/P on dial up)
    An open access point requires no username and password.

Just burned his ISO

yeah i connect fine to the ap but the internet (i think the gateway) request the U and P

yeah i connect fine to the ap but the internet (i think the gateway) request the U and P
    If your access point is properly configured, you shouldn't have to do anything to connect to the Internet once you're already connected to the AP. If it isn't, then this is a Networking 101 problem and not a wireless problem.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

How do you not know which device is requesting this information? Who's your ISP?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Let me try to explain how i did it in windows maybe it will help you (and thanks for your time)

ok i have 1 small pc icon in my taskbar that one is from my wireless connection to my AP and i have an icon with 2 small pcs that one shows that i am connected to the net and i can surf

How did i made the second icon in windows

Create new connection>Connect to the internet>Set Up my connection manually>Connect using a broadband connection that request username and password>(then i enter my ISP name)>(and then i enter my username and passwrod)>finish

After that i am going start>conect to>ISP name>connect>and i can use the net

Hope this will help

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Let me try to explain how i did it in windows maybe it will help you (and thanks for your time)

ok i have 1 small pc icon in my taskbar that one is from my wireless connection to my AP and i have an icon with 2 small pcs that one shows that i am connected to the net and i can surf

How did i made the second icon in windows

Create new connection>Connect to the internet>Set Up my connection manually>Connect using a broadband connection that request username and password>(then i enter my ISP name)>(and then i enter my username and passwrod)>finish

After that i am going start>conect to>ISP name>connect>and i can use the net

Hope this will help
    So you're talking about using a PPPoE connection via Backtrack?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

yep,right that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast