Thread: Backtrack 4 Final with VMWare Workstation 6.5.3

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 4 Final with VMWare Workstation 6.5.3

I'm currently using Backtrack 4 Final with VMWare Workstation 6.5.3. I've installed all the kernel source and headers and run the install script, however, it still really seems to be lagging. It literally takes at least 10 secs to load up a terminal session. Any ideas?

I have dedicated 1024mb ram and allocate to processor cores to running it so I can't forsee it being a problem with hardware. In addition I never had this problem when running Backtrack 3, Backtrack 4 Beta or Prefinal?

Cheers

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Backtrack 4 Final with VMWare Workstation 6.5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Si1eNce View Post
    I'm currently using Backtrack 4 Final with VMWare Workstation 6.5.3. I've installed all the kernel source and headers and run the install script, however, it still really seems to be lagging. It literally takes at least 10 secs to load up a terminal session. Any ideas?

I have dedicated 1024mb ram and allocate to processor cores to running it so I can't forsee it being a problem with hardware. In addition I never had this problem when running Backtrack 3, Backtrack 4 Beta or Prefinal?

Cheers
    See this thread for more info that may help
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ge.html#post82

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Si1eNce View Post

Cheers
    Your issue is probably related to this http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...are-image.html since I have a similar setup.

Just burned his ISO

Cheers for the quick response guys, you were right about the artsd being the problem. I obviously kill the process and things speed up, however, it then removes sound from Backtrack. This isn't the main problem though, I have to kill it everytime I boot up.

I tried using the post that Pure H@te left but to no avail. Any ideas? Is it possible to replace artsd with another service?

Cheers

Just burned his ISO

dual boot? lawlz sorry i also have it installed via vmware its working ok with me. but i didnt liked it so i decided to dual boot it and now im loving it
    Maybe its your hardware?? not enough ram?