Thread: Multiple Wifi Connections at Once (Multiply bandwith)

Just burned his ISO

Default Multiple Wifi Connections at Once (Multiply bandwith)

1. After reading about slurpr, a device that connects to 6 wireless networks at once (and couldn't find it again after connecting to google ), I was wondering if there was a way to connect to multiple routers to increase your internet bandwidth (eg one router has 1Mbps and another has 1.5Mbps, you connect to both at the same time and have 2.5Mbps) using multiple (or one if possible) wireless cards or using dd-wrt?

2. In a scenario such as apartment/dorms that has a load balancing router, is there a way to spoof so that you can achieve the same effect?

(I have plenty of atheros cards and dd-wrt routers up to the task ).

I think what you are looking for is a load balancing script.
    i'm not sure if its possible to do it with wireless connections but i do know it possible to do with 2 Internet connections going directly to Ethernet.
    And the effect of a 1mb and a 1.5mb would not give you a 2.5mb connection.
    Plus things like torrents etc have difficulty in using 2 different ip's.

all this could be wrong tho lol.

Enigma

I see no legitimate consumer uses for the Slurpr.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Default pthreads

Do what I did and learn how to program pthreads or alternatively network six machines together as a parallel network.

Simultaneous switching input/output to numerous cards is not trivial but can be accomplished.

The seti program is a fine example of distributed computing that benefits from threading...but why connect to 6 APs? Why not just lease a bigger line?
    Lux sit

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Do what I did and learn how to program pthreads or alternatively network six machines together as a parallel network.

Simultaneous switching input/output to numerous cards is not trivial but can be accomplished.

The seti program is a fine example of distributed computing that benefits from threading...but why connect to 6 APs? Why not just lease a bigger line?
    Because he's not paying for the 6 that he wants to use.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

But he could easily pay for them if he wasn't thinking of paying what the slurpr is going to cost. That is if it ever gets to the point of being available to actually buy.

Quote Originally Posted by xDrakkx View Post
    1. After reading about slurpr, a device that connects to 6 wireless networks at once (and couldn't find it again after connecting to google ), I was wondering if there was a way to connect to multiple routers to increase your internet bandwidth (eg one router has 1Mbps and another has 1.5Mbps, you connect to both at the same time and have 2.5Mbps) using multiple (or one if possible) wireless cards or using dd-wrt?

2. In a scenario such as apartment/dorms that has a load balancing router, is there a way to spoof so that you can achieve the same effect?

(I have plenty of atheros cards and dd-wrt routers up to the task ).
    http://geektechnique.org/projectlab/...wardrive-boxes

I have been trying to do the same thing with two 8mb lines with a little sucsess.. i found a script for xp (didnt work too well) and now i use server 2003. 2003 has load balance built in and works well (not for p2p tho) and can join upto 10 lines.i ran 2003 in VM but was hard to config up,im now dual booting xp and 2003 on my laptop with better results..hope the info helps...
    BT3 Beta
    HDD dual boot install
    Toshiba Equium
    Atheros 5004x

wilkosplus.co.uk

Just burned his ISO

you will need mutiple AP in client mode to connect to each network and output to CAT5 which will go into a linux proxy server with multi route capability. This has been done ages ago.

Visit link below:
    pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2005/pulpit_20050414_000849.html