Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Important TUTORIALS !

Exclamation Important TUTORIALS !

The seems to be a trend of apathy about tutorials and answers to questions.

I mean people are very quick to demand instructions when they are having trouble with something, but will rarely give feedback on the help they are given.

Many of the very few people who write tutorials are beginning to wonder why they bother spending so much time doing so.

These tutorials in many cases take a huge amount of time effort and problem solving to produce. Time that these few people are beginning to wonder if they would be better spending on their own studies. Now none of us are expecting anything in return for our efforts, but it would be nice if when you have found a particular tutorial or answer useful, that you take just a few seconds to just say thank you.

I know in the case of one of my tutorials there have been over 500 views and only 4 people have bothered to make a comment.
    In the case of another of my tutorials there have been over 600 views and several hundred downloads of the file but again only 4 people have made a comment.
    And this sad pattern is not just limited to my tutorials, it is in general across the whole forum.

Now don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with ego or anything like that, it just that if we don't know that people are finding them useful then we don't know that it is worth us bothering, and may just give up writing them completely.

This is not just for tutorials it goes for any thread where one of us has taken the time to answer your question too.

So when you do find one of the tutorials or answers helpful, let us know that you appreciate the hard work, and take a few seconds to give us a little feedback in the thread. This will also help other people with the same problem by letting them know that the solution works, and how good it is.

So if you haven't done so already, go to the thread where you have got some help and post some feedback.

Thank you.

Talking

id like to say thankyou...for all thge help you have given me, and this goes out to anyone else who has helped me in any way

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I agree with you BP, I'm on another forum for an OSS project where I've done all kinds of things relating to the project. I see my stuff has gotten viewed or downloaded hundreds of times but it isn't very often I get any feedback as to if they're using it, if there's a problem or even a simple thank you.

Gets frustrating, so there's been times that I've done something new that I won't post it to the forum until someone else asks for the same thing I've already done.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

It is something that I have been feeling for a while now, and have been seeing other people hinting at, without anyone taking any notice.

So I thought that I would just come out and say it and be damned for doing so.

It is a sad fact that far too many people are quick to demand help, but will very rarely say thank you, it worked great or that there is a slight problem with it.

I doubt that there will be any change in the way things are, but I just had to say something.

Before I post any more tutorials I will have to think is it worth it, because the way things are WE have no idea if people are finding them helpful or not, or for that matter even using them.

Sorry, but this is how I feel.

I know how both of you feel, but think about this, six months from now someone like you or me, someone who is able to find their own answers and doesn't ask dumb questions on forums, is researching a problem at google. It might be with a totally different distro or just a similar problem. He stumbles across your tut and a light bulb goes off. That's the guy I post for, not ungrateful newbies. It's happened for me more times than I can remember and I'd like to think I might be able to make it happen for others.

OTOH, I completely agree with your feelings. It is kind of frustrating.

"Pearls before swine"

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

one more.....

only wanted thing is a thank you and not a f...K you i don't care of your work....i use it and if i want i even don't give credits on my own website or i sign it with my name!!!

hey people !!! react or some of us(me too) will stop relizing tuts, vids and softz....we need respect that's all
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

I agree, many people including Balding_Parrot and Xploitz but not limited to write and record many great tutorials, and Shaman has written some and in the process or writing many great programs/scripts. I think everyone should post a thank you at least if they download or use the program. I personally do. :-)

You know balding_parrot. You took the words right out of my mouth..look at my most recent WEP Video...1000 views..only 20 replies...8 OF THOSE REPLIES ARE MINE!!! THATS ONLY 1% of viewers are taking the time to give me feedback!! I don't care if it critism ..bad or good..just write something. I think I might had inspired or sparked a flame in you to write this because of my last post in my WEP video thread balding_parrot.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...wreply&p=36479

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Well thank you Baxter for the kind words. You know..you helped me mod my very first antenna..that damn WG111v2..and I saw that a lot of the regular members liked to help others..so it kinda caught on with me. Now I do more helping others here on the forum than I do continuing my own education learning trying to master penetration testing. But I like to help others who are new..just disappoints me when the person I'm trying to teach my secretes to turns out to be a little script kiddie who steals my friends Modules..and half of remote-exploits Wiki and post it on their own little site..and calls it their own. Then its hard to keep trust in people when something like that happens. But..you live..& you learn right?

Read what I bolded in my above quote people....all we ask for is a little more respect. We deserve it, and you deserve accurate, great tutorials to be written by myself -=Xploitz=-, balding_parrot, Shaman, theprez98, Baxter, purehate..and the rest of us. We take our time to help you guys...not for fame, fortune, recognition, or even glory. We do it because we want to give back to the community that raised us. Do the same..give back by at least taking 10 seconds to just type the words Thank you guys....
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    You know balding_parrot. You took the words right out of my mouth..look at my most recent WEP Video...1000 views..only 20 replies...8 OF THOSE REPLIES ARE MINE!!! THATS ONLY 1% of viewers are taking the time to give me feedback!! I don't care if it critism ..bad or good..just write something. I think I might had inspired or sparked a flame in you to write this because of my last post in my WEP video thread balding_parrot.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...wreply&p=36479

Read what I bolded in my above quote people....all we ask for is a little more respect. We deserve it, and you deserve accurate, great tutorials to be written by myself -=Xploitz=-, balding_parrot, Shaman, theprez98, Baxter, purehate..and the rest of us. We take our time to help you guys...not for fame, fortune, recognition, or even glory. We do it because we want to give back to the community that raised us. Do the same..give back by at least taking 10 seconds to just type the words Thank you guys....
    You know what guys, THANK YOU for your support on this, I half expected to be shot down in flames for saying openly what some of us have been thinking.
    I hadn't spotted that comment, but it just goes to show it must be true.

My other half got fed up of me winging about this and snapped saying that if I don't say anything, nothing is going to change, and you know what... for a change she's right.

As we have said this has nothing to with ego, fame, glory or whatever else you want to call it, it is about common courtesy, trust etc... After all if there is a problem with the tutorial, we want to know, so as we can fix it. If it helped you then great, let us know so as we know our hard work has been worth it, and anyone else who sees the tutorial or answer knows that they can trust the information.

I doubt things will change, but I hope to be proved wrong.

Thanks guys

Lightbulb Respect

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    I doubt things will change, but I hope to be proved wrong.
    This is the saddest thing. Why?? Cause its probably the truth. But you know what balding_parrot?? At least out voices were spoken. And maybe...just maybe.....they will be heard. The internet is not filled with kind, caring, & considerate individuals ya know....thats what the netstumbler and aircrack forums are for. The people who chose to acknowledge our hard work and helping hands are already known. You know who they are, and so do we. We may not all be "elite"..but WE ARE THE FORUM LEADERS, whether we have the titles to show it or not. We're the ones who make this forum what it is and help hold it together....not the ones who leech, and never offer any help to anyone and just ask question after question..then their gone until they can't do something or get something working...THEN they come back. I wonder....how many people, here at out forums, actually "care" what happens to it?? In their minds...its probably something like, "Well, even if -=Xploitz=- and the others leave, someone else will take their place..someone else is out there trying to "prove something"...so either way I win..who cares??"
    Am I right?? I hope not. Bottom line is..we can't force anyone to be polite and courteous,... but we can demand respect.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast