Hello there,
Its been 2 or 3 days now I am hunting for a solution to this problem, My computer is running on Backtrack 5 R2 (GNOME). When I was testing it in Live session everything was working fine, after playing with it for a couple of hours I installed it on Hard drive.
Now, after Booting into installed package I opened wicd network manager and it showed me error message "Could not connect to WICD's D-Bus interface", I clicked on Ok button and It disappeared, Wicd was still working properly and I saw all the available wireless networks in list, I clicked on refresh and WICD window said "No wireless network found", I was wondering how could it be possible ?? So I hit refresh many times but still there were No network listed in the wicd window. I can see and connect to all the available networks on my Android phone and on a symbian one too, and it works on my friends laptop but doesn't show up in mine.

For the first problem (WICD D-Bus Interface) I followed the instructions provided in wiki and also some other from other sources but nothing worked for me.

When I reboot the machine It all happens from start i.e. WICD D-Bus interface Error --> Show available networks --> Refresh --> No wireless network available.

Can somebody please lead me towards a working solution ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.