Thread: Need help x will not start

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Need help x will not start

Installed bt5 sr 1 in a bt win xp dual boot configuration on my dell Vostro 200 core 2 duo all stock except for my power supply and graphics card both of which are BFG my card is a Nvidia 9400 gt. Trying to get it to work on my BT installation,for me this has comprised hours of searching and work. finally i thought i had it first i deleted all the pre installed drivers using a tutorial i found online i think in these forums i don't remember the commands that i issued to do that but this is what i have done since.

Add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates It ran successfully i believe then i ran

apt-get update && apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia settings. This also appeared to run successfully {reboot}

I was pleased to see that after reboot the entire screen was filled and looked pretty good as before the screen was in the top left of my monitor not filling the monitor
    toor
    psswd
    startx
    And this is where my problems start or do not start as the case may be, Could not load nvidia kernel where do i get this kernel lol, I think I am just missing something to tell x to use nvidia I am lost, Any help from the BT gods would be Appreciated

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Scriptkiddie; 04-27-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Started from scratch