Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there no official working guide of installing BT5R2-KDE-32 persistent USB?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: is there no official working guide of installing BT5R2-KDE-32 persistent USB?

I used the BTSR2-Gnome-64.iso (Backtrack 5 R2 64Bit Gnome ISO) on a 16GB Flash Voyager USB stick. It works fine in none persitent mode, but with persitence exact same issues, very slow, IO errors, etc. I also tried changing the Persitent partion size from 4GB to 1.5GB's in hopes that it would have a different effect, same problems. I may try doing this on a USB external Hard Drive, to see if that fixes the problem, but I doubt it.

Regards,

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: is there no official working guide of installing BT5R2-KDE-32 persistent USB?

There is a post in the BT5 How To's that utilizes VMware to trick the Install BackTrack program to install on to a USB drive as a standard install. I am trying this trick now. It seems to be working but taking a very long time to install. In any event, you may find the post here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=47479

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by DamagedPacket View Post
    There is a post in the BT5 How To's that utilizes VMware to trick the Install BackTrack program to install on to a USB drive as a standard install. I am trying this trick now. It seems to be working but taking a very long time to install. In any event, you may find the post here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=47479
    Update: This trick worked, I have BT5R2 64Bit installed and working on the USB stick with persitence but it is still running slow, though there are no more errors.

Quote Originally Posted by dusf345 View Post
    That's just it, to the best of my knowledge 2500M was the correct amount of space as that's the value that's stipulated in the guide. I appreciate all the guides at my fingertips here provided by the community, but if people asking for help with install problems are brushed off and referred to wiki guides said guides should at least be accurate and up to date!
    I wasn't meaning to imply that 2500M wasn't enough. Just that doing a "df -h" before the rsync would just provide you a means by which to see that the space was indeed empty. Which would be important if you'd been through the process numerous times.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12