Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atheros AR9285 with ath9k driver unable to connect to internet using WEP

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Atheros AR9285 with ath9k driver unable to connect to internet using WEP

I have the same issue with both the Gnome and KDE x64 builds of RC2 and now RC3. The wireless card is an Atheros AR9285. I cannot connect to a WEP enabled router. Wicd hangs at the "obtaining IP address" phase and eventually tells me my password is bad.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Atheros AR9285 with ath9k driver unable to connect to internet using WEP

i updated to Backtrack 5 R3 and all is working perfectly.

i get the password is bad 1 or 2 times if the signal is really week for WEP.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wifiUK View Post
    yes injection works but can you connect to WEP network? as when we try it says invalid password when its correct but WPA/2 are fine..

has anyone got a fix for this .?

Am having the same problem as many I seem. Ran BT3 and BT4 on old laptop.
    Bought new laptop specificaly for BT5 and upgarded to BT5R1.

Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
    Recommended Atheros card worked fine on BT5 and BT5R1, but will not work on upgrade to BT5R2 or BT5R3.
    I did an official upgrade, but it will no longer let me connect to internet through WEP router.
    Tried a clean download and reinstall of BT5R3 KDE 64, but same thing WiCD connectes to my router fine,
    but NOTHING else works. No pings, No websites. Very aggravating.
    About to reinstall BT5R1 i guess. it's a shame though, cause i was hoping to use the new tools.

Just burned their ISO

Yes, injection and connection to WEP works after recompiling the driver. I'm using it right now on my friends Verizon network.
    1. wget http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/comp....5.1-1.tar.bz2
    2. tar jvxf compat-wireless-3.5.1-1.tar.bz2
    3. cd compat-wireless-3.5.1-1
    4. scripts/driver-select ath9k
    5. make
    6. make install
    7. either reboot, or;
    make unload ; modprobe ath9k

That's it. I had the same connection issues and now all is right as rain. I'm running on a AOD-255e (netbook). Unless you hate yourself; then go ahead and recompile the kernel. Or you could just save time and put a fork in your eye, cuz that's less painful.
    Last edited by ndrwgn; 09-14-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: You can't cd into a tarball

Just burned his ISO

Thousand thanks!
    I followed your way and now I can use my wifi.
    I have an acer ferari one with BT5R3 installed on a MMC card. I use a persistent storage so now I can boot BT and have my settings saved.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Re: Atheros AR9285 with ath9k driver unable to connect to internet using WEP

Quote Originally Posted by ndrwgn View Post
    Yes, injection and connection to WEP works after recompiling the driver. I'm using it right now on my friends Verizon network.
    5. make
    6. make install
    7. either reboot, or;

That's it. I had the same connection issues and now all is right as rain. I'm running on a AOD-255e (netbook). Unless you hate yourself; then go ahead and recompile the kernel. Or you could just save time and put a fork in your eye, cuz that's less painful.
    Than'k you it seems to work perfectly for me ( i had the same issue with WEP AP's )

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Dual Booting Win 7 Atheros AR9285 with BT5 - Wifi driver?

I have a Compaq, Win 7 Premium - Atheros 9285 wireless adapter. I am dual booting BT5, do I need to download and install athk9 for Linux ? My purpose is to use BT5 on a wifi connection.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ndrwgn View Post
    5. make
    6. make install
    7. either reboot, or;

Man, this works... I am almost crying of joy . I downloaded the drivers from http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download/stable/ , though.

Many thanks to posters!

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Dual Booting Win 7 Atheros AR9285 with BT5 - Wifi driver?

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I have a Compaq, Win 7 Premium - Atheros 9285 wireless adapter. I am dual booting BT5, do I need to download and install athk9 for Linux ? My purpose is to use BT5 on a wifi connection.
    Well, maybe this is not your case... have you tried to connect to any wlan? I only had problems with WEP protected wlans...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12