Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hdd installatio on macbook doesn't work

Just burned his ISO

ha ha ha! awesome, it works!!! thank you so much drivintin!
    yeah yeah yeah, bt2 on a macbook

there is a funny thing: after logging in using my bt keyboard and using my bt mouse for some seconds, i can use my build in peripherals just like normal?!

carlos

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post

there is a funny thing: after logging in using my bt keyboard and using my bt mouse for some seconds, i can use my build in peripherals just like normal?!

carlos
    do you mean before rebuilding the kernel? i know it is a timing issue with the usb device driver, bt i havn't bothered to narrow it down, yours a core duo or a core 2 duo? glad it worked for you, now just to get the built in wireless adapter to drop into promisc mode.

z

Just burned his ISO

yeah right, it worked before rebuilding the kernel. but not that good and only for a few minutes.
    but...i got another problem: i can't build a new kernel as the kase may be it doesn't work.
    i followed your tutorial, put the .config-text in a textfile in /usr/src/linux and (i guess) moved it by typing in "mv textfile .config, enabled module support (menu config) and then again followed you instructions. everything went fine, i restarted and got a kernel panic "-not syncing:VFS:unable to mount root fs on unknown block (8,3).

any ideas?

carlos

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post
    yeah right, it worked before rebuilding the kernel. but not that good and only for a few minutes.
    but...i got another problem: i can't build a new kernel as the kase may be it doesn't work.
    i followed your tutorial, put the .config-text in a textfile in /usr/src/linux and (i guess) moved it by typing in "mv textfile .config, enabled module support (menu config) and then again followed you instructions. everything went fine, i restarted and got a kernel panic "-not syncing:VFS:unable to mount root fs on unknown block (8,3).

any ideas?

carlos
    huh, and you just used EXT2 or EXT3 on the drive partition right? make sure your /etc/lilo.conf has the `root=/dev/sda3` for the new kernel also, it should be there for the backed up kernel and the new one.

z

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by drivintin View Post
    huh, and you just used EXT2 or EXT3 on the drive partition right? make sure your /etc/lilo.conf has the `root=/dev/sda3` for the new kernel also, it should be there for the backed up kernel and the new one.

z
    yes, everything seems to be right.

this is my lilo.conf:

boot = /dev/sda3
    prompt
    timeout = 20
    bitmap=/boot/splash.bmp
    change-rules
    reset
    vga = 0x317
    image = /boot/vmlinuz
    root = current
    initrd = /boot/splash.initrd
    label = bt
    read-only
    image = /boot/vmlinuz.old
    root = /dev/sda3
    label = original
    read-only

and i can't boot the old kernel either...

but there is an error when i exit the config and type "lilo" :

bt / # lilo
    Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not exist, disk scan bypassed
    Warning: Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system.
    Added bt *
    Added original
    bt / #

so i guess lilo can't find sda3, right?
    too strange...

thank you, drivintin, for your help!

carlos

i got a core duo, btw

Just burned his ISO

ok, so now i did it the old school way (windows way), deleted the harddrive, installed everythin again and even compiling worked. no more usb mouse needed! BUT...now neither my soundcard nor my airport works

any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    carlos

Just burned his ISO

problem solved by reinstalling mawifi-ng...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12