Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PUREHATE arrested!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your opinions and your feelings, concerns, etc.

But I must now insist that we ALL get back on topic, else this thread will have to be closed.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

"Son if you leave your front door open and sombody comes in and watches your cable, uses your computer and drinks all your beer would you consider that breaking and entering or acceptable behavior?"
    Just butting in with my two cents, but that is a horrible analogy. Wireless signals aren't physical things inside your house, they're broadcast radio waves that travel quite a distance from their origin and enter other peoples homes. If my neighbor was broadcasting beer cans into my house you can bet your sweet ass that I'd grab a couple. It's the responsibility of the access point owner to prevent others from tapping their unprotected signal. If I made a machine that threw pennies in every direction for 200-300 yrds., would the people that picked them up be thieves? Now if I built a fence that encompassed that 200-300 yrd circumference and people broke down the fence to take the pennies, then yes, I would consider that theft.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illuminati View Post
    Just butting in with my two cents, but that is a horrible analogy. Wireless signals aren't physical things inside your house, they're broadcast radio waves that travel quite a distance from their origin and enter other peoples homes. If my neighbor was broadcasting beer cans into my house you can bet your sweet ass that I'd grab a couple. It's the responsibility of the access point owner to prevent others from tapping their unprotected signal. If I made a machine that threw pennies in every direction for 200-300 yrds., would the people that picked them up be thieves? Now if I built a fence that encompassed that 200-300 yrd circumference and people broke down the fence to take the pennies, then yes, I would consider that theft.
    It is not illegal to listen to radio waves being transmitted through the air. Which is why you can buy police scanners at whatever local store that sells them. But it is very illegal to start communicating on any of those channels. This also pertains to wireless internet. Do not make any sort of communication with any radio signal that you do not own or have permission to communicate with. Try to think of this wifi signal as a radio signal that law enforcement/military/firefighters use to communicate with one another. You can use the scanner to listen but once you use the scanner to start talking on the channel that they are using you are indeed committing a crime.

Simply put... the law is the law and the forum rules clearly do not condone illegal activities. Why this simple reality is so difficult to understand, is beyond me.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    Simply put... the law is the law and the forum rules clearly do not condone illegal activities. Why this simple reality is so difficult to understand, is beyond me.
    Because people try to justify their use of that "free" wifi signal.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Because people try to justify their use of that "free" wifi signal.

I've been wanting to ask the opinions of this for a while because even I'm starting to fail to understand and differentiate the 2 of the following.....>>>>

(1.) It is Legal to "piggy back" free wifi hotspots (McDonalds) and motels (Motel 6) granting that your a customer...correct??

(2.) But its Illegal for you to "borrow" your neighbors wifi...even with consent from him / her.

My question is obvious.....Why is it legal to use "free wifi" from my #1...but Illegal to borrow or even connect to your neighbors wifi with his / her consent in #2???

Whats the REAL difference??

***Edit***

I believe that if this is explained correctly and thoroughly, that we can all start to understand and be able to differentiate the difference from "True free Wi-Fi" and breaking the law...no??
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    I've been wanting to ask the opinions of this for a while because even I'm starting to fail to understand and differentiate the 2 of the following.....>>>>

(1.) It is Legal to "piggy back" free wifi hotspots (McDonalds) and motels (Motel 6) granting that your a customer...correct??

(2.) But its Illegal for you to "borrow" your neighbors wifi...even with consent from him / her.

My question is obvious.....Why is it legal to use "free wifi" from my #1...but Illegal to borrow or even connect to your neighbors wifi with his / her consent in #2???

Whats the REAL difference??

***Edit***

I believe that if this is explained correctly and thoroughly, that we can all start to understand and be able to differentiate the difference from "True free Wi-Fi" and breaking the law...no??
    1) The use is granted by the hotspot provider, and they have permission from the ISP to re-distribute the service to third parties, even if the resale value is $0.00. (e.g. a "free" hotspot"). They have a Terms of Service (TOS) with their ISP that allows this. Often, they are buying a commercial circuit which the ISP understands and (specifically allows) to be re-distributed.

2) The typical residential-service TOS prohibits any use other than by the residents or guests in the home. It may not be "resold" (even for no money) to any third party. In this type of case, the legality rests with the homeowner. Depending on the state, they may be liable both criminally and civilly if they allow such use by a third party.

Look up the average residential TOS by Verizon, Comcast, TimeWarner, etc, and you'll usually see a clause that prohibits any such re-distribution, even if it is for free. Conversely, if you look through a commercial TOS by the same providers, they usually allow resale.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    As i see it, this is just a matter of sociology.

For example, in my country after a terrible war during 1990's people were just annoyed (to say at least...) with their current situation - no money, no food, blah... - that they just gave up. Even with a basic ethical normatives.

As a result, they brought up their children with a premise that it is ok to steal, to be rude to other people, and all sorts of delinquent behaviours.

Now, it is awful thing to say, but who wouldn't expect such a kids to illegaly use someone other's wireless network?

As long as people are unaware of common decencies, this situation will unfortunately last, and will require a much broader (sociological ) actions than just a law-based punishment.
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

If my neighbor was broadcasting beer cans into my house you can bet your sweet ass that I'd grab a couple.
    HAH! me too!
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Default hmm

well what i have to say on the matter is normally if you can prove that you wasent aware of your law breaking then they cant realy sue pros you for it
    e.g lets say you was driving along and your exgirlfriend secretly cancels you insurence now if this can be proven trust me you will not get inbtrouble for it, what are you supposed to do ring your insurers everyday to make sure?

no with wifi same thing i would say windows has an automaticly connect to my nearest signal feature no no no no infact i wouldnt say none of this i would dsay ive had internet since the day i bought my computer its got one of them core 2 duo intel inside chip things i thought it just connected to the net automatically
    -ninja
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast