Thread: Ettercap 0.7.4 ARP poison issue

Default Ettercap 0.7.4 ARP poison issue

I currently have BT5 RC1 installed on my tower and I just updated to the newest stable version (0.7.4) because I was experiencing a common thread resource issue with the build packaged with BT 5 RC1. As of right now i have configured/compiled it with libnet and GTK2+ dependencies in order to install it (which is was installed in /usr/local/). Ettercap runs great now but I have an issue with ARP poisoning. I am running this command:

Code:
    ettercap -i wlan0 -T -q -M ARP // //
    I am able to scan the hosts fine and it seems to poisoning BUT.. the victim pc's ssl (https) show up a "Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection." Because I am using chromium but it is not allowing the connection to go through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You
    Last edited by fossilk1; 03-01-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.4 ARP poison issue

1) "I am running these commands:"......there's only one command?
    2) "Because I am using chromium" Use something else if you know this is the issue.
    3) What tutorial are you following?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    1) "I am running these commands:"......there's only one command?
    2) "Because I am using chromium" Use something else if you know this is the issue.
    3) What tutorial are you following?
    1.) I am only running the above command that was a typo
    2.) All browsers have the same issue
    3.) No tut, even if i use the GTK and follow simple steps for instance selecting the interface in my case wlan0, then scanning all hosts, and selecting mitm:remote this is where I have the issue I believe. Usually it will bring up two command lines Group 1 & 2. This does not show up at all meaning the parameters were not passed. So obviously when I start sniffing this would explain my error. Also I noticed not selecting remote will allow it to add both groups and still has an Internet issue. In the GTK mode and command line. So there is an issue with remote?

I hope RC2 has the new updated ettercap?
    Last edited by fossilk1; 03-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.

To add, I uninstalled ettercap completely purged all settings, downloaded 0.7.4 again. Followed these commands:
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make
    make install
    Installed default directory:
    Code:
    /usr/local/
    All dependencies, libpcap, libnet, ssllib..etc were "Default" except GTK+ which was "yes", and I believe that is fine. At this point I am able to receive internet through http, https, and DNS, for certain websites. Other websites i still get a connection refused. One thing I notice though is that the web browsers are not throwing that message saying the SSL certificate is not trusted, it is actually trusting the connection. The command I am using to test this all out:
    Code:
    ettercap -i wlan0 -T -q -M ARP // //
    The remote parameter still has an issue.
    Last edited by fossilk1; 03-02-2012 at 11:08 AM.