Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update G++?

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Default Update G++?

I'm trying to install Festival in BT2 but the errors I get are saying that G++ needs to be updated, or older versions are still present on the machine. I've googled on how to update this but there's just too much information. It's like "How to make cookies" there are just tons of sites. I've looked through quite a few, but they are REALLY old docs. I was trying to get Voice-Command to work in BT2. Have everything else installed, except Festival.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I'm trying to install Festival in BT2 but the errors I get are saying that G++ needs to be updated, or older versions are still present on the machine. I've googled on how to update this but there's just too much information. It's like "How to make cookies" there are just tons of sites. I've looked through quite a few, but they are REALLY old docs. I was trying to get Voice-Command to work in BT2. Have everything else installed, except Festival.
    uhhhh..........voice command? why

Quick bit of advice on searching, if you get too many results try narrowing the search down. In this case, find the festival website and search it, find the G++ website and search that. Failing that and if you don't find your answer there, find out what the latest versions of both are and and use that for your search.
    Another method is to use the error message as the search term.
    Very basic stuff really but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    uhhhh..........voice command? why
    I think he's probably just after having his Kismet/gpsd/gpsmap wardriving mapped sessions read out to him as he drives

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    I think he's probably just after having his Kismet/gpsd/gpsmap wardriving mapped sessions read out to him as he drives
    Ah........I didnt think of that.I guess driving while pentesting will soon be a hanous crime

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Which is exactly why I keep my SSID set to "your anus"

So when people have that going, it reads to them "your anus is open".
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

LOL. that's awesome.

I've looked around. I first tried the Festival site. It's wacky. I tried looking up the error I'm getting. I just get posted emails of long ago that don't help. I know there are a millions noobs here and I try not to contribute to that (oh god, this is something a noob would say!) but I posted as a last resort. I have my BT2F just the way I like it. I just wanted to add some voice-commands to run scripts for different things, but I can't effing figure out how to update it. The festival help files/install files/etc etc just say if you are getting "this" error, it's probably because your C++ compiler or G++ is outdated. Please update. Oh God, I am a noob.

You might try flite instead of festival.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

tried Flite, the other programs dont talk to it. it installed fine though

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    tried Flite, the other programs dont talk to it. it installed fine though
    Back when I was using Auditor, I used Flite with Kismet and it worked fine. I haven't played with it since.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast