Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT5-RC2 issues!

Default Re: BT5-RC2 issues!

the same problem >>

i well try a clean install

then we see ..

After installing a fresh copy of BT5 R2, these are the issues I found so far:
    - Fix-splash will not fix BT splash screen, but will instead fix the Ubuntu 10.04 splash screen;
    - Ipw2100 firmware still not available, I have to install it manually;
    - Still have to add "i915.modeset=1" to grub's boot commands in order to access the graphical interface (on computers with Intel GPU).

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: BT5-RC2 issues!

Also having problems with the resolution using Backtrack 5 R2 64bit KDE. Can't set it to anything greater than 1024x768 on my notebook HP 6560b. Should be some kind of Intel Graphics Chipset.

"dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and other prev. solutions did not work :-(

Not having any problems using VirtualBox on my MBP. 1920x1200 are not problem.

Just burned his ISO

I cant connect to the internet with a DWA-556 Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter. Backtrack sees i have a wireless interface it just wont connect to the internet. I am using the Wcid GUI to connect. I really don't want to do a fresh install, if possible. Can anyone help me with this?

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: Re: BT5-RC2 issues!

Hi all, I noticed the same issue with Ubuntu 10.04 splash screen.
    Also console resolution is lower, after the dist-upgrade from R1.
    I think the problem is drm.
    Looking at syslog I see drm is initialized with X and framebuffer doesn't start more during boot.
    Try "cat /dev/fb0" to confirm.

I don't need to add i915.modeset=1, even if I have an intel GPU (eee pc 900).

Angry Re: BT5-RC2 issues!

After a clean install >> then Typing Startx >>blackScren .. And i can not make it work !

i dont know why there alot problems in BT linux

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hausoo View Post
    @softize install linux-headers-3.2.6 and linux-source then run (prepare-kernel-sources) nvidia 295.20 works in bt5r2 upgraded
    Thanks a lot. I already knew about installing linux-headers and linux-source and did that.
    But I didn't know about prepare-kernel-sources. That did the trick for me, works fine now:

------------------------
    As I learned, I had to to this to prepare the kernel sources:
    prepare-kernel-sources
    cd /usr/srv/linux
    cp -rf include/generated/* include/linux/
    After that, installing the NVIDIA..... .run file works fine (even without the need for using the "--kernel-source-path" or the "--add-this-kernel" parameters).
    Thanks to the people who told me this solution via private message and bugtracking site. My fault. Didn't know about the prepare-kernel-sources.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hausoo View Post
    @softize install linux-headers-3.2.6 and linux-source then run (prepare-kernel-sources) nvidia 295.20 works in bt5r2 upgraded
    I get black screen and lock when I run startx. Card is nvidia gtx 460m.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    After installing a fresh copy of BT5 R2, these are the issues I found so far:
    - Fix-splash will not fix BT splash screen, but will instead fix the Ubuntu 10.04 splash screen;
    - Ipw2100 firmware still not available, I have to install it manually;
    - Still have to add "i915.modeset=1" to grub's boot commands in order to access the graphical interface (on computers with Intel GPU).
    I, too, am having the exact same fix-splash issue on a fresh install of BT5 R2 KDE 32-bit. I have no problem accessing the GUI even though my Acer Aspire One D260 netbook has some sort of an Intel card built-in.

For me, some programs can't find tcpdump even though I can type "tcpdump" no matter the directory I am in and it executes. Pytbull 1.3 is one of those programs that can't find tcpdump among others. I just submitted an upgrade ticket for Pytbull 2.0 and I am waiting to see if that fixes the tcpdump problem for it.

I just did an apt-get install wpscrack and wpscrack can't find tcpdump as well. I am not sure what is the cause of this since I am no expert.

Just burned his ISO

has anyone figured out how to fix the i915 issue? I been trying everything plus I added the i915.modeset=1 and nothing happens. Any idea ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast