Thread: udev / xorg.conf

Default udev / xorg.conf

I've had to create a udev rule (which I named 10-mod.rules) to get my touchpad driver (usbtouch) on my Sony UX280P (w/standalone BT2) to load each time by creating a symlink:

SYSFS{phys}=="usb-0000:00:1d.1-1/input0", SYSFS{name}=="GUNZE USB Touch Panel", SYMLINK+="input/gunze"

I have then created the appropriate entries in my xorg.conf and the device appears to work fine upon restarting X and rebooting (so far).

My question is will this rule conflict at all with any of the other udev rules that come with the BT2 distro?

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    I've had to create a udev rule (which I named 10-mod.rules) to get my touchpad driver (usbtouch) on my Sony UX280P (w/standalone BT2) to load each time by creating a symlink:

SYSFS{phys}=="usb-0000:00:1d.1-1/input0", SYSFS{name}=="GUNZE USB Touch Panel", SYMLINK+="input/gunze"

I have then created the appropriate entries in my xorg.conf and the device appears to work fine upon restarting X and rebooting (so far).

My question is will this rule conflict at all with any of the other udev rules that come with the BT2 distro?
    Not sure exactly what the damn deal is... this only works for me when I have noting else plugged into mu USB port. When I do have something plugged in, i.e. a mouse / wifi dongle, udev doesn't seem to apply my rule as it creates its own event for the device disregarding my rule and xorg.conf... trial and error I suppose will be the key to resolving my issue