Thread: syslog metasploit backtrack

Just burned his ISO

Default syslog metasploit backtrack

hey guys, sorry if im not posting this in the proper area...but i didnt know exactly to put it so i decided to put it in the general section.

the set up

one backtrack box
    one syslog server

2-3 clients

here is the "problem" when i run a scan in metasploit i would like the output to be dumped in the database as well as to the syslog server, i would like to push the rhost, vuls, port, service, cvs # to the syslog server

any ides how to do this would be great, i am not looking for and exact answer but rather routes on where i can find the information on how to do this

thanks

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

Default Re: syslog metasploit backtrack

Hmm...well, metasploit has a db_export function that will let you get data out & import it elsewhere. To do it automatically, I think you'd have to do some Ruby coding, and maybe some SQL stuff, too. Have a look at the db_export code; that might get you on the right track. I also suggest posting this question on the metasploit mailing list, and see what the folks there say.
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Just burned his ISO

thanks for you time and effort man, ill take a look at the code as well and check out the other forum,

which bring up another question, if i run nmap and import that in to msf and then run nessus against the same host, and import that would i append to the info or would it add an totally new entry?

after all i would only want when a vuls is found for that data (rhost, cvs #, port, etc)to be sent to my syslog server

again thanks for replying, hope i did a better job of explaining myself

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

You're welcome...and I think I understand what you're saying I've seen instances of appending to existing records, and new entries in others, when running the output from multiple tools into MSF. I usually store test results in dradis. But don't take my word for it, do some testing & see what you get.
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...