Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wifite v2 beta

Default Re: wifite v2 beta

another thanks for your work keep it up.
    i have one question about the 300 sec. limit reaver has when attacking wps, seems a little short cause not always
    things are running fast. so can you give reaver more time, to perform also slower attacks.
    lets say 10 minutes or at least 10% results or quit.
    regards
    bakru

Just burned his ISO

Hey first i want to say that your program is amazing! I do miss some of the features that were in V1. like when you were cracking a WEP and you could press CTL + C and then it gave you the option to go to the next attack or contiune to the next tartget. Do you think that you might be able to bring that option back?

@bakru, Your suggestion for a longer WPS timeout is excellent. The newest beta (BETA9) has a default 11min WPS timeout since some routers seem to have a 10min lockout time.

@blackstratusrt, I also liked the ability to "skip" WEP attacks in wifite v1. I am working on adding this to V2 and will let you know when it is available in the latest beta.

This is one great piece of code. Just reporting a small problem.

[0:00:00] initializing WPS PIN attack on ***** (00:11:22:33:44:55)
    [0:11:00] WPS attack, 0/282 success/ttl, 0.40% complete (0 sec/att)
    [!] unable to complete successful try in 660 seconds
    [+] skipping *****
    If i use reaver plain straight i can get positive tries 3sec/pin but for my router i use these commands along:
    -w (win7)
    -L (ignore locks)
    -N (no nacks)

So in my case it needs a way to specify the use of the commands, i also use:

-T X (X sec for M5/M7 timeout, default is 0.20)
    -d X (is also a needed option in some cases to delay the pin try for X seconds, some routers dont like to be hurried )

Thanks
    Last edited by grikster; 03-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Just burned his ISO

For some reason since I last ran a BT5R2 dist-upgrade wifite has been crashing toward the end of its run during the cracking process, anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I have every recommended prerequisite installed and everything is current version.

@grikster, I use reaver's "-a" option to automatically choose the best settings (which isn't always "the best"). I can add the option for users to pass commands to reaver through wifite, but if the user already knows which reaver commands are needed for a specific router, the user may as well just use reaver instead.

I wanted to make wifite try different settings in reaver until it finds the optimal settings with the highest keys/sec rate. However, this would be very difficult (due to hundreds of routers having different settings) and since I only have one router with WPS to test on, wifite will still use the general "-a" command (for now).

@poppajoe, I just tested wifite on a fresh install of BT5R2 (via the 64-bit VMWare image, not the dist-upgrade). I was able to crack WEP and WPA without any problems. Could you copy/paste the error you are getting? I have avoided the dist-upgrade since I heard about people experiencing bugs/problems.

Just burned his ISO

Hi, first of all thank's for this amazing script, but i have some troubles trying to crack WPA wifi, it only works with WEP, do we had to do special things when it's a WPA wifi ?

I also have another problem, my wifi interface is wlan0 but when the script launch it works with mon0

Thank's

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix91 View Post
    Hi, first of all thank's for this amazing script, but i have some troubles trying to crack WPA wifi, it only works with WEP, do we had to do special things when it's a WPA wifi ?
    WPA is a different type of encryption you need to brute force it using a dictionary and the password will have to be in the dictionary or it wont work.
    I also have another problem, my wifi interface is wlan0 but when the script launch it works with mon0
    the script puts the interface wlan0 into monitor mode ie: mon0 so it can search and monitor traffic

Just burned their ISO

what is the lowest signal that wifite 2 will effectively recover the WPS? I see my network at like 69 db, and the next strongest is at 45, and then drops below 40. Likewise I agree the Control+C option to skip a network was very nice. Will the final do WEP, WPA/WPA2, and WPS? I tried to run this against my own WEP and it errored out.

Thank you for a very nice script. keep up the good work.

Just burned his ISO

Wow... Pretty slick man.

I'll admit to being a novice to the pentesting world, I actually stumbled onto backtrack a year ago when asking some online acquaintances the "favorite Linux distro" question.

So far I'm having a lot of fun, but your tool is doing a really good job of teaching me how the programs work together and how to use them (at least in terms of wpa/wpe testing). I already used it to (surprise the hell out of myself) crack my home network, and promptly rethought my key.

I don't really have anything to report. I've been around linux in general long enough to have a very sincere appreciation for how easy and well documented this is, and to extend a very sincere compliment for a job well done.

Lets face it... If Micro$oft produced "betas" this smooth, functional, and easy to use, I probably wouldn't have gotten into Linux in general and BT in particular in the first place.

Thanks again.

PS- If it's relevant, I can say it's tested and found working extraordinarily well against WEP and WPA (as long as the key is in the dictionary) on an Asus U30SD with hybrid intel graphics (cpyrit is fully functional thanks to a couple of snafu777's threads); running BackTrack 5r2 (clean install to HDD) and using an Intel Centrino 1030 wifi adapter. Router is a Linksys e4200.

I'll report back if I find anything noteworthy. I do have to ask though, is this working the cuda cores though Pyrit? My battery drain jumps to 50k mW just like it does when I'm benchmarking pyrit with bbswitch on. If it is... Its even cooler than I thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast