Thread: How to launch DoS or man-in-the-middle attacks without internet using BT5?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to launch DoS or man-in-the-middle attacks without internet using BT5?

How to launch DoS or man-in-the-middle attacks without internet using BT5?

The scenario is as follow:
    Three PCs are connected by a cisco switch(SRW2008) without internet, and two kinds of application software are installed in the two diffenent PCs(both are Window XP SP3), which are not web-based.
    I installed the Back Track 5 in the third PC based on Ubuntu 10.04, and I want to launch some attacks, like DoS, ARP spoofing etc, in order to block or impact the normal communication and application between the above two software tools, which are based on Ethernet UDP protocol with port(0x4552).

Whether I can realise these attacks using BT5 or not, if yes, how to do, please? Thank you very much!

Just burned his ISO

Cool Re: How to launch DoS or man-in-the-middle attacks without internet using BT5?

Quote Originally Posted by poplaryi View Post
    How to launch DoS or man-in-the-middle attacks without internet using BT5?

The scenario is as follow:
    Three PCs are connected by a cisco switch(SRW2008) without internet, and two kinds of application software are installed in the two diffenent PCs(both are Window XP SP3), which are not web-based.
    I installed the Back Track 5 in the third PC based on Ubuntu 10.04, and I want to launch some attacks, like DoS, ARP spoofing etc, in order to block or impact the normal communication and application between the above two software tools, which are based on Ethernet UDP protocol with port(0x4552).

Whether I can realise these attacks using BT5 or not, if yes, how to do, please? Thank you very much!
    U can do a Dos attack by using the tool hping3, its very usefull. For example, u can use it like "hping3 -c 3 --flood -1 -p 110 www.google.com -d 64" also u can use the manual for hping for more details (I like hping3 because for me its like 20 times more powerfull than others tools like LOIC). For make a man-in-the-middle attack u have to know if the other 2 computers are on the same lan an what is that (U can make your computer a DHCP server if the computers haven´t an ip address assigned). U can use ettercap for the mitm attack (Its simple and powerfull).

Good Luck!!!