Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials & Guides in next release of Back | Track

It makes a lot more sense to me, due to the nature of pentesting, to attempt to hack it our yourself...

...then you can come to the forums, describe your process, be told you overlooked something minor but crucial, and attempt not to do so in the future.
    Fingerprint.

Just burned his ISO

WoW guys I didn't mean for this to turn into some kind of flame war or anything like that. it was just a suggestion that some "not all" tuts were on the cd for a place to get started. Not all people are that gifted when it comes to linux and some are about as sharp as a wet cornflake so they need to be spoon feed a little bit. As for the script kiddies they will always be there... you cant put out a distro like this and say to yourself humm no script kiddie will ever use this... I'm sure about 50% of the people using this distro are using it to either show off to friends or do some type of harm with it. This dirsto is a pretty damn powerful weapon! I'm not saying they could'nt just install any distro and get these same tools but hey its all in one package right here at their finger tips... with that being said I can understand where your all coming from about not wanting it on the distro so you should just lock this thread.

Thanx for all the post though =)

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    WoW guys I didn't mean for this to turn into some kind of flame war or anything like that. it was just a suggestion that some "not all" tuts were on the cd for a place to get started. Not all people are that gifted when it comes to linux and some are about as sharp as a wet cornflake so they need to be spoon feed a little bit. As for the script kiddies they will always be there... you cant put out a distro like this and say to yourself humm no script kiddie will ever use this... I'm sure about 50% of the people using this distro are using it to either show off to friends or do some type of harm with it. This dirsto is a pretty damn powerful weapon! I'm not saying they could'nt just install any distro and get these same tools but hey its all in one package right here at their finger tips... with that being said I can understand where your all coming from about not wanting it on the distro so you should just lock this thread.

Thanx for all the post though =)
    Well this damn distro hasnt got me laid yet. In fact Im quite sure that my wife thinks computers are the antichrist.

Just burned his ISO

I think having the wiki available offline would be valuable in the odd situation, such as changing your mac when you can't get access to the internet.

Depends on if they are going for a live-cd release or a live-dvd release and the space available. It's pretty crammed full of goodies already.

Quote Originally Posted by c5joe View Post
    I think having the wiki available offline would be valuable in the odd situation, such as changing your mac when you can't get access to the internet.

Depends on if they are going for a live-cd release or a live-dvd release and the space available. It's pretty crammed full of goodies already.
    But anyone would test their hardware from the CD/DVD before committing to a HDD install, so they would already have access to the net to get that info as they would already have a working system.

Another thing is this, and it is probably THE most important point.

Who is this distro intended for ?
    And don't you think that the intended target audience would already have the knowledge and experience to be able fix this for themselves ?

Default surprised

reading this thread i'm actually surprised that, as far as i've seen no has sarcastically pointed out that there is indeed a tutorial built into backtrack...
    example: man aircrack-ng
    or just about "man" anything you want, come on guys, i count on you all for my midnight laughs, not that i'm anywhere close to decent at linux, just the pure quality of the sarcasm here.
    peace
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world

Very simply put, there's no room for documentation.
    If you can't use the tools, BT isn't for you.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    Very simply put, there's no room for documentation.
    If you can't use the tools, BT isn't for you.
    A voice of reason from one of the creators. Hopefully this will but a stop to this n00b tutorial nonsense.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well muts as usual is right !!!!

bt is not intended for noobs or kiddies but for serious withehaters with a solid knowledge background

it's not to be elitist but i think many persons never use an other thing than aircrack so i don't see the interest of having bt for them !!!

BTW, there's man pages, the bt wiki link in firefox + google

so there's is enough tutorials.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Does btw ...stands for back to work?.....I am very impresssed with all you philosophers.
    Can anyone -> to a Gas tutorial and assembler stuff. I dropped this course...but it always interested me. Thank you,
    .................................................. ..All is ....Maya!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast