Thread: Just installed Back Track and love it, I have a few questions though

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Just installed Back Track and love it, I have a few questions though

Hello everyone,

First off thank you everyone who is involved with this destro its sick. I love every thing from the icons, to the sleek looks and damn is it light with lots of use full tools. I am going to have a lot of fun learning all of these programs. I down loaded it because I wanted to start learning more about networking and security but I also am a developer and I do miss a few things from my old Ubuntu environment.

I spent a few hours last night trying to track down the right config file to disable the tap-to-click function on my synaptic touch pad. I tried /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it is read but all the rules I wrote in were overridden.

I come from gnome and I downloaded KDE to try it out. Its great it seems more stable and lighter to me but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create key board short cuts. I used to have ctr alt arrows navigate from desktop to desktop, if I added shift it would drag the working window with it and I had shortcuts for new browser windows and terminals.

I guess that is it thank you

Default Re: Just installed Back Track and love it, I have a few questions though

hello tyger86,

i won't bag on you for not searching first, as you obviously did so. search refinement though, is a very good subject to always be improving upon, for any of us. it's a key fundamental for anyone in *any* IT position.

"Edit the /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf using nano or kate and add the line: Option "MaxTapTime" "0" to first the first section"

is what you would have found using a more specific search string. you should not be spending hours at a time over something so apparently simple. ever. we are not making heart valves, nor are we reinventing the wheel. if you run into a problem, chances are 99% someone has already encountered it and a fix/workaround has been published.

being your first post here, welcome to the grinder you're going to love it.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Just installed Back Track and love it, I have a few questions though

Thank you for the help and advise clone
    The config file was indeed the right one