Thread: Aircrack doesn't work when connect to my AP

Just burned his ISO

Default Aircrack doesn't work when connect to my AP

Greetings,

I have BackTrack5 running off a persistent USB drive. My wireless NIC is a Realtek 8191SE and it works fine in that I am able to run airmon-ng start wlan0, airodump-ng, etc. However, it ONLY works if I'm NOT connected to my own wireless router. If I am connected to my wireless router via Wicd, when I run airodump-ng mon0, the only AP that shows up in the list is my own. If I leave it running then disconnect from my router, it immediately populates.

This is kind of a pain when you're trying to watch a tutorial video or text tutorial and follow along.

Can this be resolved or is it the nature of the beast sort of thing?

Ax

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Aircrack doesn't work when connect to my AP

Working as intended! You cant do both at the same time...

Get yourself a USB WLAN adapter to do all the "fun" stuff and use the internal for your Internet. Or download the videos first and then watch locally?

Well,

You can be in monitor mode while being in managed mode, however being in managed mode means you can't hop. To do what you want to do, simply set your wifi ap channel to the desired channel you want to play with, and then you can use airodump-ng mon0 -c <tgt channel>

Cheers
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the replies. I suspected I would need a 2nd wireless NIC. Now all I have to do is find one. I hit a Best Buy, Office Max and Wal-Mart yesterday and came up empty as far as compatibility. It would be nice to know if anything made since the dawn of wifi was compatible with aircrack. Nobody sells the antiquated products listed in the compatibility list any longer.