Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel HD Soundcard not working

Just burned his ISO

Default Intel HD Soundcard not working

Hey,

second post, second problem

I am not able to get my Soundcard working under BT2.0... and without some music it is really boring to work

Notebook is a Thinkpad R60 Intel 82801g rev0.2 HD Audio Controller...

The module is loaded, only the Sound Server complains

Code:
    Sound server informational message:
    Error while initializing the sound driver:
    device: default can't be opened for playback (Invalid argument)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

lsmod:

Code:
    bt ~ # lsmod | grep snd
    snd_seq_dummy           3084  0
    snd_seq_oss            30720  0
    snd_seq_midi_event      5888  1 snd_seq_oss
    snd_seq                44016  5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
    snd_seq_device          6668  3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
    snd_pcm_oss            42048  0
    snd_mixer_oss          15232  2 snd_pcm_oss
    snd_hda_intel          17080  1
    snd_hda_codec         198064  1 snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm                68752  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
    snd_timer              19336  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
    snd                    44644  10 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
    soundcore               5984  2 snd
    snd_page_alloc          7816  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
    Anyone with a working Intel Soundcard here ?

I have the same sound card. To get mine to work I had to edit /etc/modprobe.d/sound.

root@box:~# cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=3stack

This worked for me. YMMV

On a brighter note, this card works out of the box with the 2 2.6.22.1 kernel. I still get an error message at boot about a mismatch, but it works.

Good Luck

Just burned his ISO

first, thanks for the fast answer

but, it is a pity, this does not work for me... the file /etc/modprobe.d/sound does not exist, and creating it is really senseless

a kernel update is afaik not possible, because i using the one from BT 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lucent20 View Post

but, it is a pity, this does not work for me... the file /etc/modprobe.d/sound does not exist, and creating it is really senseless

I'm not sure how you can say it is senseless unless you have tried it, after all what have you got to lose by trying it.

# /etc/modprobe.conf (old location for Linux 2.6+ config)
    #
    # The use of this config file is deprecated if you are using a
    # 2.6.x or newer kernel. Instead, create files in the
    # /etc/modprobe.d/ directory containing modprobe options.
    #
    # For more information, see "man modprobe.conf".
    alias ra0 rt2500
    alias rausb0 rt2570

We use kernel 2.6.20 in a "virgin" copy of BT2 Final, so you have to make this sound txt. So just make the sound txt in /etc/modprobe.d and call it sound. Then add this instde the blank sound txt as ghaze suggested.

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=3stack

save and then reboot.

BTW..Yes, you can update the kernel on BT2. Theres a couple of threads on this forum, that are tutorials, which explain how to accomplish this.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

i tried that, but it does not work for me...

@parrot, i tried it, and it does not work => senseless

thanks

thanks
    Sorry it didn't work for ya. Your probably gonna have to head over to driverguide and d/l a sound driver for Linux then.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Sounds like you ought to look into upgrading your kernel, then. I may have already done that before finding the fix I mentioned. I dis-remember.

Here's my hardware and kernel. Like I said, it works for me.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

Linux box 2.6.22.1-r1

I always build a custom kernel, anyway. They load faster and seem to work better. You'll learn quite a bit about hardware and linux in general by doing so, so go for it. Also, when some piece of hardware doesn't work, you'll have no one to blame but yourself. Just make sure you leave a lilo entry for your old kernel and you won't have any problems. lspci is very helpful, as is lshw.

Good Luck

thanks
    As you in essence said in the first quote that you had not tried it, my point was valid.
    Now that you have tried it, you know it is pointless, not senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by ghaze View Post
    Sounds like you ought to look into upgrading your kernel, then. I may have already done that before finding the fix I mentioned. I dis-remember.

Here's my hardware and kernel. Like I said, it works for me.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

Linux box 2.6.22.1-r1

I always build a custom kernel, anyway. They load faster and seem to work better. You'll learn quite a bit about hardware and linux in general by doing so, so go for it. Also, when some piece of hardware doesn't work, you'll have no one to blame but yourself. Just make sure you leave a lilo entry for your old kernel and you won't have any problems. lspci is very helpful, as is lshw.

Good Luck
    I have tried numerous 'fixes' to get my realtek HD audio working, which also uses the 'snd-hda-intel' module. Perhaps upgrading my kernel would fix that little sucker, it's so hard to use my notebook without music....

I'll try and update it tonight and let everyone know. I'll cross post the results to my tx1120us tuning thread.

-out
    --
    "Linux is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are."

"Linux users swear by their OS, and Windows users swear at their OS."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast