Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: damn small linux on psp

So it's just a virtualisation app, like Parallels, VMware, Xen, etc.

Have you looked through their site?
    There are many ready-rolled images of Linux, Debian, Slackware, also NetBSD, OpenBSD, among others - there's even a FreeDOS.

It sounds from your post that you're trying to customise DSL onto it, which is why I would suggest starting with a ready-rolled image of something to give you a grounding in the subject.
    Why don't you just start with the small Linux image (4mb) and build on that?
    If you have room, maybe go with the Slackware version, if you want it to be similar to BT.
    If your main purpose is to run wireless tools, like Kismet, I would first pay great attention to the compatibility of the wireless chipset.
    Do these things have USB?

ok i think i found my problem for real, hahah for this whole time ive been specuutaing but not really concrete. the problem is the directroies of the bios, the thing is that i had to download the source of the bochs app and config it for myself. i was usign a genic one i got from somewhere, i dont even remeber. lol but wheni get it working ill say

theni can try to get slackware and stuff

then find out the chipset to the wireless and do all my fun activities!

ok i got happy for no reason, that wasnt the problem. im thinking about quiting and starting over from the begining

Smile I Did It

yessssssss i did it!

now there is one issue, the fact that the psp has no keyboard... but that is going to ok because it has IR, and i can run a home brew app to make my wireless keybard work with it! i cant wait.

for now im running DLX linux, beacaus ethat was in the tutorial, but now im going to try slackware, and also get my keybard working! lol im so excited!

I'm gonna have a go too. i dont have a IR keyboard but i do have a gpsp. i wonder if that would work on dlx linux. i guess i'll find out tomorrow

so baxter did it work?

i saw there was a slaware release for the psp, and i downloaded it, and it was about 600 megs! i didnt realize it was the whole damn os, i assumed since it was for the psp it was desaturated like the 4 and 10 meg linuxes, whatever... i dotn have a memory card big enough for that any ways

what do you mean by a gpsp? like wireless G, or typo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12