Thread: BT5-R1 General Updating Help Needed Geared Twards Metasploit/Armitage

Just burned his ISO

Default (Solved)BT5-R1 General Updating Help Needed Geared Twards Metasploit/Armitage

Hello,
    I was wondering if i could get some help updating BT5-R1 Gnome. I have re-insalled BT5 to my hard drive like three times trying to get rid of the error when starting armitage, after updating metasploit framework. When I click connect on armitage it ask me to start the Metasploit RPC daemon. I try to start the daemon and armitage reports that it failed, and sends me to their website. Iv tried to follow the info on their website along with a few other guides i have found on forums with no luck. It would be appreciated if I could get some help on how to generally update BT5 without breaking tools and some help with my armitage problem. I just re-installed completely fresh and will not change any settings or try to update till i can get some help. It would be great to get everything updated and working together. Please ask if any important information was left out.
    Thanks for your time,
    Dosed

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5-R1 General Updating Help Needed Geared Twards Metasploit/Armitage

Problem solved i used an update script provided here (http://bl4ck5w4n.tk/?p=44). I'm pretty sure i found it on this forum, and in no way do i take any credit for the script. It fixed all my update issues, but I'm still interested in what commands i would use to manually do the updates and not break programs. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dosed

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

Default Re: BT5-R1 General Updating Help Needed Geared Twards Metasploit/Armitage

Easiest way to go about this is to use one of the many scripts forum members have written to update BackTrack. Just do a little searching, and you'll find them. Personally, I like the one that sickness wrote, and use a modified version of it. It's written in python, so you can tweak it to meet your needs. Aside from that, many of the tools in BackTrack use Subversion, so an svn update will do the trick.
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Just burned his ISO

I apperciate the help.
    Dosed

Just burned his ISO

can anyone plz tell me how to update armitage?

Armitage is updated with Metasploit it self. Run msfupdate

that's correct.....