Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: netgear 511 card not showing up

Just burned his ISO

could running a fragment attack take a really long time or not at all? I am waiting for a packet to come back and nothing.

I also notice that the data column has 0 in it the beacons are moving so is the powr which is around 6-7 on average - could it just be because I'm not quite in range? Or did I do something wrong?

These are the steps I took up until waiting for a packet to come back.

airmon-ng stop ath0

arimon-ng start ath0
    airmon-ng start wifi 06

airodump-ng --ivs --write bob --channel 6 ath0

aireplay-ng -1 0 -e SSID -a BSSID -h MAC ath0

aireplay-ng -5 -b BSSID -h MAC ath0

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by qwik3r View Post
    could running a fragment attack take a really long time or not at all? I am waiting for a packet to come back and nothing.

I also notice that the data column has 0 in it the beacons are moving so is the powr which is around 6-7 on average - could it just be because I'm not quite in range?
    It should not take long at all, once you have a good packet to use, which should take no longer than about a minute.

The power really needs to be about 50 or above, preferably 70+ so this is just compounding your problem.

Get Closer.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    It should not take long at all, once you have a good packet to use, which should take no longer than about a minute.

The power really needs to be about 50 or above, preferably 70+ so this is just compounding your problem.

Get Closer.

Well I figure the power was the problem, I am about 1 foot away from my router doing this so cracking it was UBER simple. I am attempting another router in the area, but alas the signal sux. This has definitely caught my interest though - besides getting closer how good are antenna extenders for these cards? I am presently searching the forum for threads on them, but do you know anything about them? Thanks

You're TOO close. Get bout 1 yard away... You're also using the wrong interface. You started wifi0 yet using ath0.

Wifi0 should have started ath1, and that should be your interface... No?

Edit... Actually, you started wifi 06.. Unfamiliar with that....

I am attempting another router in the area, but alas the signal sux.
    Running an attack of any sort against "another router in the area" which is clearly not yours is not recommended, as it is against the law and a violation of our very simple forum guidelines:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    * Do not post about breaking into networks that do not belong to you and for which you have no permissions
    In case you are unsure, let me make you sure: Any activity on someone else's network other than passively collecting data (i.e., Kismet) is a violation of the law. Please take this notice as your one and only warning that such activity will not be tolerated.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Running an attack of any sort against "another router in the area" which is clearly not yours is not recommended, as it is against the law and a violation of our very simple

In case you are unsure, let me make you sure: Any activity on someone else's network other than passively collecting data (i.e., Kismet) is a violation of the law. Please take this notice as your one and only warning that such activity will not be tolerated.
    the other router in the area belongs to my brother in apart 7B

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Paton View Post
    You're TOO close. Get bout 1 yard away... You're also using the wrong interface. You started wifi0 yet using ath0.

Wifi0 should have started ath1, and that should be your interface... No?

Edit... Actually, you started wifi 06.. Unfamiliar with that....

nevermind about the wifi 06 i wanted it to start on channel six but it was the wrong command.

As for using the wrong interface I am following that was posted backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php?title=HCL:Wireless#NetGear_WPN511 on how to activate it.

the other router in the area belongs to my brother in apart 7B
    Likely story...
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

do you have to be like right on top of the AP you are cracking? Because I went outside of my brother's apartment and it wasn't sending any data at all, I could auth myself with it and I tried waiting for a packet but it took forever and it never came! Could it be the poor reception of my card? I just bought a netgear WG511T - as I said sitting like 1 foot away from MY router it worked fine, outside the door of my bro's apt on the stairs nothing. I know it has to do with that kind of router the person as too, he has a cheaper router with one antenna its a d-link i believe so it probably doesn't transmit that much. Is the WG511T considered a cheapo in terms of reception?

Developer

do you have to be like right on top of the AP you are cracking? Because I went outside of my brother's apartment and it wasn't sending any data at all, I could auth myself with it and I tried waiting for a packet but it took forever and it never came! Could it be the poor reception of my card? I just bought a netgear WG511T - as I said sitting like 1 foot away from MY router it worked fine, outside the door of my bro's apt on the stairs nothing. I know it has to do with that kind of router the person as too, he has a cheaper router with one antenna its a d-link i believe so it probably doesn't transmit that much. Is the WG511T considered a cheapo in terms of reception?
    I hate to be a smart ass but this seems to be a purecase of user error. I have the same card and it gets great reception. Plus if the prez is untrusting of your motives then so am I.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast