Thread: BT and via processor

Hybrid View

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Default BT and via processor

Does anybody successful in booting bt2 with a via microprocessor ?

im currently building 2 sniffs box based under pico-itx mobo for one and one based on nano itx (i hope solar recharged) the two have a via processor inside..........

i think i need to modify kernel ?
    if anyone have info........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    Does anybody successful in booting bt2 with a via microprocessor ?

im currently building 2 sniffs box based under pico-itx mobo for one and one based on nano itx (i hope solar recharged) the two have a via processor inside..........

i think i need to modify kernel ?
    if anyone have info........
    I've booted it on "The Box". It's a Via C7 mini-itx board. Pretty sure I didn't have to do anything special to it, it was booting off a thumbdrive.

Just burned his ISO

VIA C7 embedded plattform runing slackware 10 fine for me. The CPU registers itself at standard X86 plattform so there shouldnt be any issues.

Just burned his ISO Chameleon-Digitz's Avatar

Are these going to be mobile?

The reason I ask is because I have wanted a small solution myself for awhile.
    From what I've seen on the VIA website they just made the smallest x86 processors ever. Now whether or not that means they have the same instruction set remains to be seen or maybe VIA has documented this for developers. Have you guys experienced processor related hiccups w/ this.

Another solution I was looking into was the Gumstix & Wifistix, but I believe those use ARM processors. Not that that's bad but I would either have to find the right repositories or compile for ARM. Oh and the battery.

I've been looking at the Nokia N770 which can be had for $139 now and even the Zaurus, thanks to IronGeek's site, but a new developement and some new understanding (things I didn't know before) about the atheros chipset has forced me to look harder for something else. Dynamism.com has some cool stuff but it's expensive.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. It revives another idea I had and that was to do the VIA x86 thing to as compact of a size as possible, maybe attach a disposable GSM board and dial in and use ssh client on cellphone. Of course as much as possible would have to be stripped from BT2F or do the installs like a Linux From Scratch.

Let us know if you start your VIA project please.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

if you are talking about my boxes....
    yes one will be mobile...the other will be AC plugged

the mobile one will be with an included battery and i hope some foldable solar panel to provide electricity and charge battery
    but i don't test it yet....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    if you are talking about my boxes....
    yes one will be mobile...the other will be AC plugged

the mobile one will be with an included battery and i hope some foldable solar panel to provide electricity and charge battery
    but i don't test it yet....
    what are you using as a battery for the VIA Pico-ITX board?

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Good Writting

GOOD WRITTING, NICE WORK...!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnetnet View Post
    GOOD WRITTING, NICE WORK...!
    See this quote thing? ^^^^ It lets people know who the hell you're replying to.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69