Thread: Pyrit with sqlite

Just burned his ISO

Default Pyrit with sqlite

Hello everyone,

i was playing around with pyrit and CUDA the past few days and generated some rainbow tables for fun. My results were stored by default under file://.
    I loaded the database with several wordlists suitable for wpa. Everything worked fine.

I tried to create the database with sqlite-support for backing it up easier and therefore installed python-sqlalchemy and python-psychopg2.
    Now it was possible to create the sqlite-database and connect to it. But importing passwords from the same wordlists used before always stops at 20800000 lines with following error messages:

Code:
    pyrit -u sqlite:////root/pyrit/pyrit.db -i /root/wpalist.txt import_passwords
    Pyrit 0.3.1-dev (svn r280) (C) 2008-2010 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+

Connecting to storage at 'sqlite:////root/pyrit/pyrit.db'...  connected.
    20800000 lines read (301814.6 lines/s)... Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/pyrit", line 6, in <module>
        pyrit_cli.Pyrit_CLI().initFromArgv()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyrit_cli.py", line 116, in initFromArgv
        func(self, **options)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyrit_cli.py", line 356, in import_passwords
        pwstore.store_password(line)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cpyrit/storage.py", line 306, in store_password
        self._flush_bucket(pw_h1, pw_bucket)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cpyrit/storage.py", line 1076, in _flush_bucket
        session.add(PAW2_DBObject(pw_h1, bucket))
    AttributeError: 'Sess' object has no attribute 'add'
    A search with google ("AttributeError: 'Sess' object has no attribute 'add'" AND pyrit) gave me the following link:

Network is coming back… « Pyrit

In the corresponding comments to the article (scroll all the way down) someone stated, that a new version of sqlalchemy would solve the problem (quote: 0.5.6 should be fine).
    I tried to install a newer version of sqlalchemy, but it requires python >=0.9

So, before i get a huge mess with mixing the standard repositories and my own packages .....

Has anyone else experienced something comparable ?

As i got several views but no comments on this post yet ... Did no one tried pyrit with sqlite or am i the only one with that kind of problem ? That would be strange, for i am using a fresh hardrive install with all my packages coming from the standard backtrack repositories. Or ist it just such a stupid error, that no one will tell me :-) ?
    It would help if someone would just state, that everything worked fine for him with no modifications at all .... i promise i will improve my command line fu then ... :-)

Thanks !

hightower

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Pyrit with sqlite

hi

I made a cluster (only 3machine) pyrit without own database.
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...r-problem.html

I have a stupid question for you: why do you use database? Does not enough the essid name and the wordlist.txt to create hash? What does the database include?

Sorry my bad english.