Thread: 2GB USB stick is not enough

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default 2GB USB stick is not enough

Just for your information; unlike told in the tutorial, 2GB usb drive seems to be not enough for BackTrack 5R1. I tried to install the 32bit and 64bit GNOME versions on it but UNetBootIn stopped at about 50% and told that the stick was out of space. Installation onto a 8GB stick went well so it's not a bug with Unetbootin or anything.

Default Re: 2GB USB stick is not enough

Which tutorial?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Same question as Barry, which tutorial?
    The official wiki talks about 4Gb for LiveUSB and 8Gb for Persistent USB install.

This is the thing, when looking for a tutorial/documentation, try to look first in the official website of the tool you're using. It should be the best place to learn how to use a tool (who better to teach you how to use it than the author itself?). For example, I learned a LOT about wireless networks just by following aircrack-ng tutorials, where everything is very well documented and explained. The same can't be said about other tutorials in the wild (although some of them are pretty good and explain everything in a easy way to understand).

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Same question as Barry, which tutorial?
    The official wiki talks about 4Gb for LiveUSB and 8Gb for Persistent USB install.

This is the thing, when looking for a tutorial/documentation, try to look first in the official website of the tool you're using. It should be the best place to learn how to use a tool (who better to teach you how to use it than the author itself?).
    He was probably referring to THIS ONE - which is still in the site index nine months later and states "(Minimum USB Drive capacity 2 GB)"

Glad I found this thread before wasting the time on an old leftover 2GB stick!