Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL] How to install VMware Server on BT2 (Step by Step)

I figured it out, I just deleted the network-rules and rebooted and it switched it back. All is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    I figured it out, I just deleted the network-rules and rebooted and it switched it back. All is working now.
    Good to hear you got it sorted, and that it wasn't a problem with the tutorial.

And thank you for reporting back what the problem and its solution actually were.

Yep, no problem.

Well, I thought I would not be doing much on xp so I only made a 10 gig vmware partition thing for it. How can I add more space? I tryed added an virtual ide hard drive and no luck... Any suggestions?

Developer

I just got around to doing this install and I would just like to commend balding_parrot on a great tutorial. Every thing went flawlessly except one problem I created for myself. Thanks so much for the contribution

Thanks Parrot for your tutorial, it worked with no problems, now I can set up targets for my practising, and even Backtrack on Backtrack worked
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Thanks guys, it is nice to know that people are using it, like it, and have had no problems (except self made ones ).

Enjoy

Just a quick update, I have recently replaced my HDD in one of my laptops, and on that one I installed VMware workstation 6.0.2 and this tutorial works for that too.

Just thought you may like to know that you do have that option if you want it.

Developer

Just a "echo" I just installed the newest version today on my new slackware 12.0/bt/2.6.22.9 hybrid whatever it is and it works flawlessly. Thanks BP

COOL thanks for letting me/everyone know, it's good to know when it works for other people too.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast