Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL] How to install VMware Server on BT2 (Step by Step)

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Very nice job. Will you be providing us with a Windows image to play around with?
    I think the polite way of saying this is, Thank you .... but .............

I might have a copy of windows 1 laying around somewhere, or at least I think I still have.

Just hoping it works for other people and not just me.

You had to install Perl eh? That's where I found it odd as Linux's all have Perl, including BT.

I'll try it on a full install later.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paton View Post
    You had to install Perl eh? That's where I found it odd as Linux's all have Perl, including BT.

I'll try it on a full install later.

thanks
    No not needed at all, I just put that step in to make you feel better

But seriously, I found it strange too, and including it cleared up and error message, so it would seem to be necessary.

I am looking forward to hearing that it has worked for someone else, and not just me.
    Please post your findings soon, the suspense is killing me.

Good luck.

Just in case someone else other than Paton is reading this, and does not see that I am being sarcastic.
    THE PERL STEP IS REQUIRED.

Ah crap........... you had me !

I had been wanting to install VMWare inside BT2 but haven't had the time. I just followed this tutorial and it worked like a charm (don't forget to reboot at the appropriate time, you really do need to!).

I would like to point out this tutorial as an exceptional contribution to the community. Rather than attempting an install and giving up, balding_parrot worked through each error, solving each problem in turn until the entire procedure worked. This required a lot of time and effort on his part. This is the sort of effort that keeps communities such as ours lively and vibrant. It is you the user who make this place what it is, so please keep it up.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I had been wanting to install VMWare inside BT2 but haven't had the time. I just followed this tutorial and it worked like a charm (don't forget to reboot at the appropriate time, you really do need to!).

I would like to point out this tutorial as an exceptional contribution to the community. Rather than attempting an install and giving up, balding_parrot worked through each error, solving each problem in turn until the entire procedure worked. This required a lot of time and effort on his part. This is the sort of effort that keeps communities such as ours lively and vibrant. It is you the user who make this place what it is, so please keep it up.
    Thank you for your very kind words, and bravery to try it out.

I am really glad that it has worked for you, and hope that you enjoy the extra functionality that you will get from it.

To be honest it was worth all of the effort to make this work, so as I could give back in a very small way to a community and BT2. Something that I have got so much out of myself.

All the same errors.. But for some reason I had to
    Code:
    chmod 755 vmware-install.pl
    Or I got a read only error.

On a HD Install BTW... Your method took 8 minutes to do... okay it was more like 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Paton View Post
    All the same errors.. But for some reason I had to
    Code:
    chmod 755 vmware-install.pl
    Or I got a read only error.

On a HD Install BTW... Your method took 8 minutes to do... okay it was more like 25.
    Glad it worked for you too.

I will add your chmod into the tutorial just in case someone else has the same problem.

Hope you Enjoy.

Nvm, I got it working. Thanks for the awesome tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Glad it worked for you too.

I will add your chmod into the tutorial just in case someone else has the same problem.

Hope you Enjoy.
    Hmmm, I'm wondering if in the runme.pl, if you commented out the need for them Perl diagnostic report, if you'd need the extra Perl instal.

I had did it once, and ran into the read write issue, and forgot about chmod'n the orginal install script...

I'll give it ago latter i will.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast