Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [TUTORIAL] How to install VMware Server on BT2 (Step by Step)

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Hi,

Just wanna add for those who face problem finding the C Header like the one below :

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your running
    kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

Just download the kernel source as what BP said at the main page of the WIKI

after finish download it, just simply extract with slax module. when finished just pointing the above error to your kernel extracting folder above . mine is just like this
    [/home/source/kernel/usr/src/linux/include]

then just continue pressing the default answer until it asked the serial number. then your VM is ready to go.

Thanks Balding Parrot , your tuts is really helpful

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sh4k3sph3r3 View Post
    Hi,

Just wanna add for those who face problem finding the C Header like the one below :

Just download the kernel source as what BP said at the main page of the WIKI

after finish download it, just simply extract with slax module. when finished just pointing the above error to your kernel extracting folder above . mine is just like this
    [/home/source/kernel/usr/src/linux/include]

then just continue pressing the default answer until it asked the serial number. then your VM is ready to go.

Thanks Balding Parrot , your tuts is really helpful

cheers.
    I am doing exactly what has been instructed in this tuto. But now i've been stuck at following point:

The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is a kernel header file directory, but it
    does not contain the file "linux/autoconf.h" as expected. This can happen if
    the kernel has never been built, or if you have invoked the "make mrproper"
    command in your kernel directory. In any case, you may want to rebuild your
    kernel.

any help?

regards

Default thank you

it was a bit confusing but getting the correct patch (115) from the ftp server

did the trick VM RUNNING !!

GREAT TUT !!

THANKS VERY MUCH

I tested this guide on a vmware version of BT3 to install Vmware workstation 6.5.1. I didn't have to install the perl software and neither the vmware-any-update either. Everything works fine.

However, when I tried to do this on my EEEPC, I encountered a few problems. For one, I am aware that I have a limit space issue, I only have about 112MB free space, and at least for VMware Player I need 150MB and don't know how much space does workstation requires. Thus, I tried the following, I ran the vmware-workstation-xxx.bundle install from a memory stick, so far so good. I tried to install vmware workstation to a SD card on the system with 16GB of free space by pointing all the directories to the sd card (i.e instead of /usr, I pointed to /mnt/sda1/usr and so on). The only files that I left the default was for the system service runlevels and system service scripts.

But it didn't work. At first, it seems is installing but then it goes into rolling back VMware Player, deconfiguring, unistalling VMware Installer 1.0, deconfiguring, installation was unsuccessful. I can tell why that didn't work, on a windows configuration, I should have been able to install the application on any other storage besides the c drive, so how can I do this in BT3?

If that is not possible, can I lzm/create a module of the vmware workstation installation that I installed on the test BT3 vmware machine and copy it to the one on the EEEPC? or that wouldn't work?. If that could work, which one would be the best method by lzm by source or directory (I saw a couple of tutorials about doing this).

Another question, is how can I free some space on my EEEPC? which files I can deleted without affecting the OS?. I did a df -a -h, and it seems aufs has 97% of the space but I am not so sure if that is equivalent to windows' winnt folder or program files. I'll keep googling around for more info, but I would appreciate any suggestion you may have.

delete please

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910