Hi,

I'll post this one here but don't know it is actually fit 100% to this section or should be moved to BT 5 R1 issues / bugs. I'll let the mods to decide

There is another issue with hashcat but it doesn't point to mine actually(http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...hlight=hashcat)

Anyway, the newly discovered issue is related to the old problem regarding Nvidia-driver and BT5 R1 compatibility.

Trying to use hashcat for 64 bit architecture I've received the following error message:

"
./oclHashcat-plus64.bin
./oclHashcat-plus64.bin: /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./oclHashcat-plus64.bin)
FATAL: Error inserting nvidia (/lib/modules/2.6.39.4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko): No such device
Usage: ./oclHashcat-plus64.bin [options]... hash|hashfile|hccapfile [dictionary|mask|directory]...

"

The points are:

1. I recompiled the nvidia driver from the nvidia web site against nouveau default one. For that I've used a very good procedure described in some thread over here. No errors, everything went ok.

2. At the finish I didn't performed xorg-config command because it mess all the X configuration instead to do something good.

3. Right now I have the new driver nvidia configured but as some of you already know / faced off the system still doesn't know "officially" about his existence and that's why tells that nvidia modules can't be found and so.

Bottom line, right now I'm unable to identify a way of solving this issue related to hashcat, unless something miraculous will be implemented about this messy problem with Nvidia cards.

Have ideas? Please, let me know

Thanks.