Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All-in-one guide for installing BT2 to VMWare 6 along with VMWare Tools

nice tutorial, too bad I didn't hit the forums for it until AFTER I did this project this afternooon. heh. Needed the tips for vmtool though, so thanks.
    --
    "Linux is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are."

"Linux users swear by their OS, and Windows users swear at their OS."

Thanks for this.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    baxter I was just curious how you got the network adapter to work in vmware. I put bt in a virtual machine on another computer but it doesn't see my ath0 card. or any body that knows for that matter
    Internal cards, as well as PCMCIA cards won't work in VMware... USB ones will work though, so if you don't wanna dual boot or run off the Live CD, you're shit out of luck, no offense...

You need a couple of extra steps to get your swap space to be useable. If you enter
    Code:
    free -mot
    you will probably see for the swap 0 0 0. If you do, then enter the following:

Code:
    mkswap -c /dev/sda2
    Enter the above around the same time that you run your mkfs.ext3 commands.

At the first reboot, enter this:

Code:
    swapon -a
    On your next reboot, enter this:

Code:
    free -mot
    You should now see your swap space available for use. If you used the 512MB as shown above, you should see: 512 0 0.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    ok that help so my netgear card is out. what about my internal intel 3495 pro wireless. I tried to load the drivers and the device was not detected so I'm assuming that's out so that leaves me with usb. I've never used a usb card before so can some recommend a usb card that works right out of the box and preferebly atheros
    can't really give my 2 cents on atheros usb PH, but the ralink wusb54gc has been a godsend for me personally... it's a very solid card
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

I've been running bt on vmware for about 2 weeks now. Learned the hard way but managed to get it installed. This will come in handy for installing the vmtools.

Nice tut.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

finished installing bt2 on vmware......nice tutorial.......thanks

Just burned his ISO

Default Thanks Mate!

Thank you ND4SPD, your guide was great!

Just burned his ISO

Why do you create a dedicated boot partition and then go on to leave it unused?

This installation methode is some kind of different, so i have some understanding questions.

I used bt2final at a vmware station earlier but only booted form the iso at my internal hard drive. and that was it. but after i while i get panic with collecting iv's because there was not much storage/memory left.dont know if it is that in english. however it worked.

now i see this tutorial and i dont know what it realy is about. so you install bt2 like a normal hard drive installtation direct from the vmware and download some vmware-tools and than play it in vmware.

is it possible to do the installation on a usb drive and use this with vmware?

also, vmware is a virtual machine and i dont get the point using a real installed backtrack on vmware. what is this like. a virtul pc that has direct access to the real installation and uses the real storage/memory/space on the usb stick or in your case hard drive. can you explain my what this is about? some difficult missunderstandings, because maybe of the language. excuse me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast