Thread: access points that redirects you to a login page...

Default access points that redirects you to a login page...

I posted this in another forum and they said it was the wrong place, but no one told me where the right place was.

I'm not trying to gain access illegally, I already paid (actually I'm not even at the hotel anymore) but then I booted in backtrack to see if there was anything I could do to get past it.

I was trying to figure out a way that I'd be able to pass the login to get internet access, but I didn't know what program to use or how to do it.

Is there even a way to pass those authentication pages? I can connect to the AP and sniff packets, but I didn't find anything interesting or anythign I can do anything with (that I know of), so is it even possible to pass those to get internet?

Like I said, I'm not trying to do anything illegal (and as I said I already paid to get access) but I was wondering if it was even possible.

Also, if it's possible, is there a way I can set my own router to do this or something similar so I can try it on my own router? I don't want to do it on one that's not mine (and like I said before, there aren't any near me at home anyway)

Like I said, I'm not trying to do anything illegal (and as I said I already paid to get access)
    Yeah. shure. And my mother is Santa Claus.
    The answer is 42.

Why do you think asking the same question will yield different results? You were already told what to search for.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Quote Originally Posted by -~operator~- View Post
    Yeah. shure. And my mother is Santa Claus.
    isn't that Mary Christmas

Even if you already paid for access, it is still illegal to try to bypass the access control measures. Besides, how long was the access you paid for? Because unless you have a subscription, the 24 hours are certainly up. You cannot buy a DVD and break its encryption in order to extract its contents (at least in the US), same applies here. You're treading on shaky ground.

Mother
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Quote Originally Posted by unlazyfree View Post
    I posted this in another forum and they said it was the wrong place, but no one told me where the right place was.

I'm not trying to gain access illegally, I already paid (actually I'm not even at the hotel anymore) but then I booted in backtrack to see if there was anything I could do to get past it.

I was trying to figure out a way that I'd be able to pass the login to get internet access, but I didn't know what program to use or how to do it.

Is there even a way to pass those authentication pages? I can connect to the AP and sniff packets, but I didn't find anything interesting or anythign I can do anything with (that I know of), so is it even possible to pass those to get internet?

Like I said, I'm not trying to do anything illegal (and as I said I already paid to get access) but I was wondering if it was even possible.
    Your other thread was not closed for posting in the wrong place, it was closed because you're asking how to bypass a legitimate security feature. This is a violation of two of our forum guidelines, which you apparently have not already read:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    * Do not post about breaking into networks that do not belong to you and for which you have no permissions
    * Posts like - "Oooh! look!! I've cracked my neighbours wireless AP" or "How do I hack a network!?" are not needed here, thanks.
    Like I said in that thread:
    What you're talking about is called a captive portal. The way you "get past" this page is to register and pay the fee. Beyond that, you'll have to figure out for yourself.
    If you're smart, you'd be happy that I've given you plenty of information for you to go to Google and figure out what to do next.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
    Why do you think asking the same question will yield different results? You were already told what to search for.
    no I wasn't, I was just told to search, if that

This thread is going nowhere.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";