Thread: whats the crack with aircrack

Default whats the crack with aircrack

I have just finished installing BT2 with windows in a dual boot configuration on my HD and just to see if everything was working ok in BT and decided to crack the WEP key on my access point.

I have done it before in BT1 and once in BT2, so everything was fine my card was injecting my IVs were rising and I left it running until my IVs got to 1 million.

I booted aircrack up and normally with the first few seconds it finds the key but this time it just carried on looking for it, so I left it running for an hour and still no key!

So I waited until I had 2 million IVs I booted up aircrack again and the same happened again it just runs and runs.

So any ideas? I know I can do it as the key is the same as when I did it last time and the bit size is 128.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks Adam

Quote Originally Posted by wallsballs View Post
    I have just finished installing BT2 with windows in a dual boot configuration on my HD and just to see if everything was working ok in BT and decided to crack the WEP key on my access point.

I have done it before in BT1 and once in BT2, so everything was fine my card was injecting my IVs were rising and I left it running until my IVs got to 1 million.

I booted aircrack up and normally with the first few seconds it finds the key but this time it just carried on looking for it, so I left it running for an hour and still no key!

So I waited until I had 2 million IVs I booted up aircrack again and the same happened again it just runs and runs.

So any ideas? I know I can do it as the key is the same as when I did it last time and the bit size is 128.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks Adam
    How about providing us with the exact commands you used.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

this reminds me of when i collected 3 million+ ivs and i have no crack....but that become history when i used aircrack-ptw option (-z) from aircrack-ng 0.9 and it cracked it with 5k of .cap files.

Problem solved i updated my aircrack suite used aircrack-ptw option -z and the key was found in 1 min.

Thanks very much