Thread: "WiFly" style adapters and BackTrack...

Just burned his ISO

Default "WiFly" style adapters and BackTrack...

Hello,
    New to the scene, please forgive my ignorance and bear with me...
    I see many "WiFly" style USB antennas. Some of them are supported by BackTrack's drivers. Some are not. Just to add to the confusion some manufacturers give outdated drivers with their products.
    So we end up with 2 cituations:
    1) Chipset is supported by BackTrack. I suppose you can audit passwords from the Live CD...
    2) Chipset is not supported by BackTrack. How you proceed? Say you find the needed driver. Can you "install" it on the fly on the bootable CD or you have to install BackTrack to the machine, install the driver and proceed?

Thanks

Default Re: "WiFly" style adapters and BackTrack...

You can make a usb drive with persistent changes if your not wanting a hard drive install. Their are tutorials on this in the wiki. You can also make a custom iso out of a hard drive install or a usb drive install after you add the proper drivers if your wanting to stick with a cd. Not certain if their is a tut on making a custom iso or not in the BT wiki, but you should be able to follow any ubuntu custom iso tutorial to accomplish this.

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by wifly? I did a google search and found a bunch of different things.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Oops, Chrome does not like this site...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69