Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 3 Development officially Begun

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

in order to update driver & aircrack
    use my aircrack-ng updater & then use aidriver-ng to manage drivers

from muts blog :

BackTrack 3 in the oven!

Max, Martin and I have started working on BackTrack 3....and boy...it's sexy. I know I've said this before about BackTrack 2...but really....it's sexy...sexier than ever before.
    New shiny kernel, new patched wifi drivers, compiz working out of the box (so we can all pwn like r0ckstarz). We are planning on new public repositories for BT3 - for better support for updates and HD installs.

We still don't have an ETA for BT3...but one thing is for sure - it will be worth the wait! More info about BT3 dev to follow in the next few weeks.
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Yeah, all im saying is it would be nice if that was integrated into BT3 and im not just talking about that in particular. Having a general update tool and possibly the ability to use RPM's or something similar to update would improve the customization options and the longevity of each release.
    for instance ive searched through the forums for bugs concerning the Alfa card and the issues im having. havnt found anything finally found a driver update in your aircrack post but that still hasnt resolved the issue im utterly clueless as to how to fix it but having an automated update script would help in that instance or if someone boots off of a cd and has an ati card the could run the script and it would auto dl the ati driver set or something like that. im just saying it would be useful.
    -Wes-
    Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    in order to update driver & aircrack
    use my aircrack-ng updater & then use aidriver-ng to manage drivers

from muts blog :

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

i know wesmagyar for every copy of BT downloaded bt crew can send out the boys lol. You can put your feet up and they can set you up, keep you updated and all that. Maybe even do your pentesting. DUDE have you noticed how quick things change?? Its a FREE livecd. Your last post is like me saying "er can you add voice recognition to BT3?? It might be helpful to me so I can shout PENTEST to my pc and it does it" lol

And have you ever thought how hard it must be to get everything working on every computer. Its impossible you will always have some glitches here and there. plus i doubt they have more than 10 laptops to test and I don't know how many people here tested?? but there are shit loads of diffrents makes of hardware. and google slapt-get

Just do a slapt-get --install windows. Wait a week and you'll have every exploit known to man installed.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

well shoot if they can get the fancy desktop manager going it cant be to hard to get the package manager that slackware uses integrated. its not me being lazy i got my livecd working pretty well and i did all the footwork to get stuff work. im only having one problem with it. but iregardless asking for a feature isnt that big of a deal i mean shoot your acting like im asking them to automate everything for me. im just asking for help with keeping stuff updated. quite a few people have made scripts and the like that are on the forums it wouldnt be to hard to incorporate those into the new livecd.
    and if its so easy to get slapt-get integrated into it why cant they just include it? i dont know about you but im rather poor and i didnt have access to a CD-RW or a DVD-RW untill rather recently and i just now got a computer that can boot from a usb. so for some people it would enable them to use the distro alot easier if these things where integrated..

like i said the crew plan to create BT MODULES REPOSITORIES, and im sure that some koders will quickly do a front end

BackTrack :

Developer

Not to be a smart ass but in the realm of 0 day exploits and cutting edge security mailing lists if you can't stay on top of a handful of software upgrades your in bad shape.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

and if its so easy to get slapt-get integrated into it why cant they just include it? i dont know about you but im rather poor and i didnt have access to a CD-RW or a DVD-RW untill rather recently and i just now got a computer that can boot from a usb. so for some people it would enable them to use the distro alot easier if these things where integrated.
    slapt-get is intergrated you muppet ROFL being poor dosn't affect your brain

slapt-get IS INCLUDED !

BackTrack :

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    slapt-get IS INCLUDED !
    ok i did not know that. i have never used the slackware distro and am in fact rather new to linux in general. i have used red hat ubuntu gentoo and Suse but never slackware. i could never get it to work with my hardware properly (fracking ati gpu's...)
    but thanks for the info.
    -Wes-

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast