I have an NVIDIA Raid0 setup on my computer and I'm trying to install a dual boot system of windows 7 64-bit and backtrack 5 KDE 64-bit. I have 30GB of unallocated free space on my RAID system I am saving for BT5. I ran backtrack from a live usb drive and use the installer and select the option to install to the largest free space. The installation goes fine, but my computer boots directly into windows and I can't access backtrack.

I figured out that Grub is being installed on my live usb drive for some reason instead of an appropriate location. I clicked on the advanced options and selected the entire RAID hard drive setup (the full 750gb RAID drive) as the location of the GRUB installer, but when it came time to install GRUB the program went back to /dev/sda (the live usb drive). I tried installing GRUB to various partitions of the hard drive, but no matter what I do I can't get it to work properly so GRUB will load when I start my computer.

I just installed a Windows 7 BT5 dual boot system on my single hdd laptop yesterday and it worked fine, so I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with my RAID configuration.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue? I know how to use BackTrack to crack WiFi security and thats the extent of my linux knowledge, so a detailed answer would be greatly appreciated