Thread: How to print scren / screen shot on Backtrack!

Hybrid View

Default How to print scren / screen shot on Backtrack!

so iv searched the forums for a bit and didn't find anything, so i thought i might ask. i was wondering how to print screen or screen shot on backtrack the key on the keyboard didn't work, well i don't think it did, anyways, i pressed the button then when into kolourpaint and tried to paste but there was nothing to paste, any help would be good thanks

iv also searched the forum on how to change the background, i have located the files, and changed the image and kept the original file names but it still loads the normal standard image, thank you for your help in advance!

Just burned his ISO

you click on the screenshot button then goto the "paint" type program and paste note the shortcut isnt ctrl + V like in windows i think its shift + insert.

try useing the paste button in the edit menu. this worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    so iv searched the forums for a bit and didn't find anything, so i thought i might ask. i was wondering how to print screen or screen shot on backtrack the key on the keyboard didn't work, well i don't think it did, anyways, i pressed the button then when into kolourpaint and tried to paste but there was nothing to paste, any help would be good thanks

iv also searched the forum on how to change the background, i have located the files, and changed the image and kept the original file names but it still loads the normal standard image, thank you for your help in advance!
    K/Screenshot
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

when i click print screen theres nothing to paste, im in menu when i click it, is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    when i click print screen theres nothing to paste, im in menu when i click it, is that a problem?
    Read the previous post. I didn't say anything about the print screen button. Click on the KDE Menu and then click on screenshot. It's really just that easy.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

try using "ksnapshot" in the quick start field on your desktop. i like this one for making quick screenshots.
    The answer is 42.